chinese slip on

Mr scotto

Has any body come across the cheap chinese slip on's on ebay for the fz1 (06-09).was likeing the look and sound of the yoshie slip on but could not justerfy the $900+ price tag.so i'v gone and orded one of the cheapies for $170 au del,i do expect to get chinese quality but i will beff it up to aussi standards if need be.I am not chaseing performance but after a note.

I hear Ya, I have Delkevic, a 'cheap' can and I couldn't be happier with the build and finnish. Their usually around two hundered bucks. Here's some pics.It has the sound and is slightly louder, but you can unscrew the DB tube and take it out for a bit more sound, though I'v been content not to.

From the picture in your post, it's hard to tell exactly how it is suposed to connect to your system but it doesn't look anything like my MIVV kit which included the connector between the header and the can. Once you get the thing on and working, give us a report. If it's like most of the Chinese aftermarket stuff I've come accross, they copied other's work and get by with metals that don't hold up. Good luck!

Has any body come across the cheap chinese slip on's on ebay for the fz1 (06-09).was likeing the look and sound of the yoshie slip on but could not justerfy the $900+ price tag.so i'v gone and orded one of the cheapies for $170 au del,i do expect to get chinese quality but i will beff it up to aussi standards if need be.I am not chaseing performance but after a note.

I've heard of fitment issues with those (how surprising). For the money I would just buy a used quality slip-on and call it a day.

I've heard of fitment issues with those (how surprising). For the money I would just buy a used quality slip-on and call it a day.

If it does go on without any issues i'll be surprised and happy to,welcome to austrailian priceing;
MIVV stainless 2nd hand-$480 +post was the best i could come up with.

Summery so far

Well it got deliverd today so could'nt help myself but fit it,
The negs,no center stand stopper and the mounting bracket supplied was never going to fit,outlet size to big for street use.
The pro's,Easy to fit with a lucky size bracket from the shed,''Free'd'' motor up,good note but loud.
To do's,Make stand stop & 50mm restrictor for outlet.

I've been checking those out on Ebay, and thinking they looked a bit rough and poorly slapped together.......they need to change their pictures, 'cause that looks pretty good to me. Be interested to see how it holds up.

Thanks for posting up some pics mate.

So it's pretty much just the bracket and volume that are not right?

Hmmm...got me thinking now...lol....Two Brothers Carbon or Titanium are around 420 bucks OZ and I'd say between 100 and 150 to ship. $170 oz delivered sounds pretty good. Could buy 3 and still come out in front.

Even if I just used it for the track, so I don't scrape up the stocky.

Cheers
Mike

i orderd that same gp carbon to looks good on your bike you say its loud which is what im shooting for thanks for pics mine should be hear soon but i payed 100$ flat and 38$ shiping your shiping must have been more i geuss but i bought it off his site insted of ebay cheaper:smoking:

yea i cant get it to fit on mine at all it hits my swingarm real bad and wont work on mine i dont think. i think that maybe there is a tiny difrence to mine cuz 06 was first gen2 and maybe the littlest change like a bolt or bracket could mess it up. :smoking:

I've been checking those out on Ebay, and thinking they looked a bit rough and poorly slapped together.......they need to change their pictures, 'cause that looks pretty good to me. Be interested to see how it holds up.

Thanks for posting up some pics mate.

So it's pretty much just the bracket and volume that are not right?

Hmmm...got me thinking now...lol....Two Brothers Carbon or Titanium are around 420 bucks OZ and I'd say between 100 and 150 to ship. $170 oz delivered sounds pretty good. Could buy 3 and still come out in front.

Even if I just used it for the track, so I don't scrape up the stocky.

Cheers
Mike

On the money or should i say saved some money.

yea i cant get it to fit on mine at all it hits my swingarm real bad and wont work on mine i dont think. i think that maybe there is a tiny difrence to mine cuz 06 was first gen2 and maybe the littlest change like a bolt or bracket could mess it up. :smoking:

You may need to pull the middle pipe out of the header pipe 10-15mm as that is where mine wanted to sit and the can is only 7-10mm of the swing arm.as for the mounting bracket the way it is shaped could work for you or against you.Hope this helps.

Having sold Chineese pit-bikes and quads in Cal, I have always known that they can make fine copys of whatever they can market. They look and feel for all the world like the originals, usually Honda's stuff. The finishes are sometimes suspect, but I'll have to admit this Delkevic can I have looks good and the chrome looks great at 7,000 miles. However the Delkevic is sold by a British concern......but..... I believe manufactured under liscense in China.....but at this point it's only speculation on my part, but I believe true.

yea i can get it to sit on there kinda sideways and pulled off a little but it will always be tightly pushed up agenst the swingarm which is real bad the swingarm constantly is moveing up and down and if the can is resting on it thats not going to go well look at yours and tell me if its rideing on your swingarm

not likeing it much yet see how its close to the swingarm for the pipe let alone the can which is twice the size the pipe with the can on it you can see the can touuching swingarm with the pipe slanted on header to get it on there. sorry guys this has got me all upset. i do love the price look sound but i geuss i got to do my own fabricating im not going to let it touch the swingarm like that.

A few questions:

- Did you give the seller feedback regarding the fit problem with the bracket, and the lack of a bump stop for the swingarm? These Chinese manufacturers usually implement a 'fix' quickly.

- When you mention the non-fitting bracket, do you mean the one that goes around the can & attached to the hanger(footpeg)?

- 50mm outlet? Is that to make it quieter?

- What did you do with your EXUP cables?

Update 2

why cant i get pictures to work
No idea about pics but if you get them up i'll try to problem solve with you.
A few questions:

- Did you give the seller feedback regarding the fit problem with the bracket, and the lack of a bump stop for the swingarm? These Chinese manufacturers usually implement a 'fix' quickly.

- When you mention the non-fitting bracket, do you mean the one that goes around the can & attached to the hanger(footpeg)?

- 50mm outlet? Is that to make it quieter?

- What did you do with your EXUP cables?

No feedback given yet on the bracket for can to footpeg issue, 50mm outlet was aimed at noise reduction, Exup cables where removed as per copperdawg vid.

Made and fitted center stand stopper bracket, Got a reducer made up at the local exhaust shop for $10 (was 62mm now 42mm outlet), Done a search on forum about major poping in the exhaust when backing off and come up with the result of blocking the ais off in the air box so i have done that aswell (major reduction in poping but seems to be a little bit slower to drop revs under 5k).
I would like to put it on a dyno now to check the afr to make sure the ecu has been able to compensate enough.

Back