Check this rear-ender out

Seen that one before. Guy was very luck he wasn't sent flying into the back of the car in front of him...At least there's no arguing who's at fault!

I don't believe in commiting acts of violence on women, BUT! I think in her case removal from the gene pool would be doing us all a favor.

I can't believe the guy remained standing through the entire accident! That was one NASTY hit. :wow: Guess he'll get a new bike out of it at least.

It happened to me once in 1982. I was returning to Michigan from a late summer tour in Canada. I stopped at a light only about a mile from the international bridge when I heard that ungodly sound of screeching brakes. I grabbed the handlebars as tight as I could and the guy, an older man and wife with a grandson, hit me pretty solid, pushed me into the middle of the intersection but I did stay upright and there wasn't anything to hit in front of me. My first thought was about cross-traffic running into me but luckily there wasn't any. I was so pissed I kicked down the sidestand and went back to tell him off and he just hit the gas and left the scene. Never to be seen again. All I was able to see was his Minnesota plates. The bike was a "82" GPZ750 and with it's relatively high rear end, the car's bumper hit mainly my rear tire and smashed the tail light. To this day when I'm stopped at a light I watch my mirrors for peope behind me. You never get over it completely.

Reminds me to install a flashing brake light system. Of course, no guarantees it wouldn't happen anyway with inattentive drivers on the road. As others have said, in traffic, my eyes are in the mirrors and all over the place and I'm always thinking of an exit strategy . We MUST drive defensively. In one corner there's us, at 500 lbs and in the other corner, there's them, at 3000-6000 lbs. No contest.

this is why we have to keep our head on a swivel at all times and always leave ourselves and escape route. watch ur traffic behind you, cuz they're to busy texting!

Back