Check Out This Bike!

Here's some video. I wouldn't mind having one of these plugged in at home in the garage!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77SNp3heAj0"]YouTube- Mission Motors - First TTXGP Practice Run on the Isle of Man[/ame]

I think the application of an electric motor for a motorcycle makes sense. However, with a price of $68,995 for Mission Motors Electric Superbike, I'll be waiting for the price to drop a wee bit before I buy one.

Last edited:
When I got back into radio controlled model aircraft flying this past spring I was amazed how the lithium polymer battery powered brushless electric motors were quickly replacing the old 'GAS" powered planes. They are light and very powerful and the smaller motors are actually cheaper than the gas jobs. The batteries are still kind of expensive but the writing is on the wall. If we ever hope to decrease our dependance on foreign energy and build a healthier planet we must change. I'll bet in ten years we won't even believe how far we've gone.

Interesting concept, but unfortunately battery technology is not yet there to make them affordable. As much as people want to replace fossil fuels there is still nothing more affordable or that packs more energy.

Back