Changing tires

Changing your oil is as easy as pie. Maybe start there first and work up from it. I think changing tires are one of the more tricky things to do compared to all the things you can accomplish with some simple tools & a shop manual. :)

Lots of guys here change their own so I'm sure they'll have some great tips for you.

I want to learn to work on my bike. I wantbto start with changing tires and oil? Am I foolish? If not can anyone help me?

Foolish??? Are you kidding?! Have you seen the prices that shops charge you for changing oil and tires? Changing your oil should be a routine thing for you, every 3,000 miles. It costs very little to do, it's easy as pie, and you'll get to better know your bike.

As for tires, here is a great "how to" that a member posted that should give you some great insight on doing this yourself as well.
http://www.998cc.org/forum/how-tos/11746-easy-tire-mounting.html

Where do I go to see changing oil instructions? I don't know what I need or what to do. Please educate the fool. These sights are great cause I don't feel as dumb saying I don't know how to do things.

Hey man ask away and remember there is no such thing as a dumb question. but maybe be prepared for a little sarcasim along the way lol jk

Back