Change Speedo Dial Needle Removal?

Change Rev Counter Dial Needle Removal?

Anyone know how to get the needle off the Rev Counter? I don't mind trying things but don't want to break anything. Got it all apart and tried to just pull it but it seems firmly attached. Got a new dial face coming. Typed in Speedo Dial accidently

Last edited:
Anyone know how to get the needle off the Rev Counter? I don't mind trying things but don't want to break anything. Got it all apart and tried to just pull it but it seems firmly attached. Got a new dial face coming. Typed in Speedo Dial accidently

I have never tried taking one off an FZ1, but all the ones I have ever messed with just simply attach by pressing on. You might need some sort of tool to remove it. Maybe something angled like one of these door panel removal tools:

Thanks, I'll wait till the dial arrives. I think it might have instructions (in French) before I get too drastic. It could end up expensive.

Do you want to remove just the needle or the whole assembly the needle is attached to?
Here is a pic of my fuel gauge. It looks pretty tough to remove.

IMAG0780.jpg

IMAG0781.jpg

If you are just wanting to change the orange color of the needles - I would recommending a VERY precise taping job and paint the needles to match your new gauge backings.
I will be the first to say I'm guessing and throwing out my best idea. I have never taken the needle off and it looks like quite a job.

I have a cracked instrument cluster that came off of a wrecked Gen I, gave a try at pulling the speedo needle off it. Pulled straight up on the needle with my fingers and the glue bond between the black plastic piece (you can see it looking through the side of the gauge) and the needle failed. Repairable but I wouldn't want to try it with a good gauge. Tried pulling on the black plastic piece like you gotten a hold of it with tongs and ended up breaking the metal shaft. Pulled the gauge further apart but didn't see any obvious way of getting the needle off. I'm now an expert at how not to remove the needle :nono:

Seems you can only say thanks once so I'll post a reply to say it again. Thanks Heaps very good detailed instructions. Think I'll wait to get the new one and do it all in one go.

Back