chain issues

I just put a new rear sprocket and tire on, and I was rechecking everything after I put about 50 miles on them. and I noticed that when I put my bike on the center stand, and rotate my rear wheel, I have a spot where my chain tightens up, I rotate past it and it has the normal slack again, I marked where the tight spot was, rotated the rear tire and its in the same spot. what could be causing this?

I'm pretty sure this is normal. When adjusting slack, the manual says to check for slack in the tight spot, which implies it's normal. Mine has a tight spot as well, however its not drastic or anything. If yours is really noticeable, then maybe the wheel isn't lined up perfectly?

You'll pretty much always get a spot that's tighter than the rest, perfectly normal. Chains inevitably stretch over time, especially with 150 horsepower pumping through it!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

From owning a couple older bikes, you need to put new front sprocket and chain on. I would do it now. You are going to wear that new sprocket really quickly. The uneven chain links will chew that rear sprocket up. When you change the front sprocket and chain, you will feel the difference. Pony up a little loot and do it right. I speak from experience.

I agree that perfectly normal to have a such tight spot, but it should only be in one spot or else you have to replace the whole chain, by the way inspect also the front sprocket as safety precaution. Teeth should not be sharp or missing.

Back