Ceramic coated my stock header and Suono

DERJ

Had my OEM header and MIVV Suono (disassembled) ceramic coated - turned out pretty cool (and I also discovered how much fun rivet guns could be...)

P1040215.jpg

P1040222.jpg

P1040223.jpg

P1040227.jpg

P1040230.jpg

P1040234.jpg

P1040241.jpg

P1040239.jpg

Well done ! :bowdown:
I like it very much. It looks very beautiful. How does the coat behaves with the high temperature surfaces ? And dust scrathes frome front wheel ?

Thanks for the replies everyone...

The ceramic coat for the header and slip-on cost me $200 - a little more than what it would have costed for powder coating, but ceramic coating (to me) is more for performance than durability because of the heat risistance properties. That said, it's really only good for exhaust (or kitchen cookware.)

Everything else on my bike, such as the pegs, risers, upper triple tree, etc... was powder coated over two years ago and still doesn't show even have a scratch - here's the original thread with pictures from that "http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-mods/8084-fresh-powder-coater.html"

RE: Ceramic Coating Your Motorcycle Exhaust

Had my OEM header and MIVV Suono (disassembled) ceramic coated - turned out pretty cool (and I also discovered how much fun rivet guns could be...)

I just bought a full Yoshimura exhaust, used and it's got the SS can. I will likely do this same thing. Thanks for sharing.

Looks sweet....

loosenut, here is a Yoshimura pipe like yours we finished for another customer. These bikes look SOOOO much better with a little more sinister look of the blacked out exhaust. Though we've done some in some silvers as well that looked good. Either way it beats the discolored / rusty raw pipes.

I second your thoughts on rivet guns. It looks like its time to get a pneumatic one to pull back those monster SS rivets....

Yam%2520FZ1%2520exhaust%25202006.JPG

DSCF0364.JPG

DSCF0368.JPG

DSCF0369.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everyone...

The ceramic coat for the header and slip-on cost me $200 - a little more than what it would have costed for powder coating, but ceramic coating (to me) is more for performance than durability because of the heat risistance properties. That said, it's really only good for exhaust (or kitchen cookware.)

Everything else on my bike, such as the pegs, risers, upper triple tree, etc... was powder coated over two years ago and still doesn't show even have a scratch - here's the original thread with pictures from that

FYI - Regardless of cost, powder coating is NOT an option for coating exhaust systems. Standard powder coatings will start burning off at 550F. Although there are some limited high temp powder coatings rated at about 1000F-1200F, they're intended usage is limited temp industrial applications and not constant EGT's. Further, powder coating doesn't offer the thermal barrier properties of Ceramic Coating, can't come close to Ceramic Coatings 2000F+ temperature capability and is no where near as smooth.

If a custom coater even suggests powder coating your exhaust you should RUN in the other direction or at least live near by because you'll be seeing a lot of him............

Back