Central Australia trip - Ayres Rock

aus_andyk

Heading off this wekend with a mate from Melbourne to Ayres Rock over 9 days.

Hoping to drop into Cooper Pedy on the way and visit a few sites around Alice Springs.

Finished setting up the bike in preperation for the trip late last night.

New brake lines, pads and tyres. Heated grips and accessory plug running off a fuse block and relay.

Using a Ventura rack & soft luggage for this trip, as don't have the money for panniers or the bracket for my top box yet.

Roughing it with a swag, which has my mattress, sleeping bag, stool and a tarp rolled in it. Blow-up pillow as well.

The touring tips on here have been invaluable, as well as helping me with the setup of the bike.

Will post up some pics once we get on the road.

Andy

Andy are you the guy who tried to get me push started the other day in the CBD when my battery went flat?

I think i remember something about a trip up the middle.

Anyway good luck and post some piccies, I wouldn't mind doing that trip myself some day, should be good this time of year not too hot.

Last edited:
Lol...yes that was me. Was a stubborn bugger and wouldn't start. :D Forum says we should have tried 3rd. Glad you got home ok.

Lots of request for pics from friends. Flowers are meant to be in bloom and like a carpet in the outback this time of year...should be a great experience.

Back