Cell Phone Usage....OUCH!

BroHay

Stihl Loves Trees
So, this is probably becoming more and more prevalent across the US, issuing fines in municipalities for cell phone use while driving.

I got popped yesterday for a quick phone call from my wife from one of ABQ's finest. Cost 200.00.

Fix....working on it, but result will be that I hopefully get to keep my hard earned ducats.....more @ 11....

Anyone else had the fine experience I had?

If it would of been a speeding ticket......at least it would have been more exciting....

Adam,
I take it you were in a cage and not on the bike when you were on the phone. Sorry to hear that you got popped. The fact of the matter is that far too many jokers (both men and women) get into conversations on cell phones and aren't paying attetion to what the hell is going on with the road around them. How many times have you been at a light when it turned green and the phone user in front of you had no clue. The fact is when a person is thinking about what's being said on the phone their attention is pulled away from the safety of the street, a simple fact. I have done it my self and am not proud that I did. I try my best to pull over, out of the way, then make my call or call the caller back. Normally I don't even have the thing turned on. Everyone seems to think we should be a slave to the cell phone. I say bull. I was in the communications business for about thirty years and every time my phone rang it was somebody thinking the world was ending because their phone or computer wasn't workng just right. Well.............so far the world hasn't ended and for the most part all is well. It's amazing to me that 50 years ago cell phones as we know them today weren't even a dream, now we can't ive without one sticking in our ear? I simply tell my friends and others that I'm a rider, I don't usually have my cell on and couldn't hear it id I did, so leave me a message, I'll call you as soon as I can.

some can, most can't drive and talk at the same time...

The other day I watched a under-the-speed-limit goof in a FINE Ferrarri, drifting along, and into the lane to the left, nearly bumping into a much larger car, then drifted back, got off the phone, and scooted on around everyone cleanly and fast, as if he was suddenly back in the realm of the sentient... unbelievable...

too bad ya got zapped, Bro! Those of us how CAN have to pay for those who CAN'T....

Back