Cee Bailey Windshield Installation

Two Wheels

Gents:

Simple question (I think) but I'm mechanically "challenged".

When taking off the stock windshield and putting on an aftermarket one, do you just srew out the bolts?

Is there any front fairing removal required to put in an aftermarket screen ?

Thank you ...

Thanks Va Rider.

Actually its a 2008 (so Gen II). I just didn't see any bolts...just the screws going into the fairing so I figured they were pressure mounted...unscrew stock screen out, screw aftermarket shielf in. Is that correct ?

Am I making a big deal out of nothing ....

It is really easy. You are making a big deal out of a ten minute job. Unscrew the existing six bolts, make certain the rubber grommets are still in the hole and mount the new screen using the same six bolts. The only problem arises if the rubber grommets spin. You can hold them with a set of pliers or add a drop of super glue to hold them in place (automotive trick).

I love my Cee Bailey's screen! It is much better at deflecting the air than the Puig I had. I have my bike set up with the OEM fairings as well and use it for touring. I like to call it my FJR1000! With the screen the airflow is completely over me and helps reduce fatigue on long rides.

Last edited:
Gents:

Simple question (I think) but I'm mechanically \"challenged\".

When taking off the stock windshield and putting on an aftermarket one, do you just srew out the bolts?

Is there any front fairing removal required to put in an aftermarket screen ?

Thank you ...

Once you get it done, pass along some snapshots for us. Half the fun of owning a bike is to jump in and learn how to do things yourself. You'll appreciate it more when it's done. The other half is tearing down the road on a really slick looking bike.

Thank you all. Thats what I thought, but while its shipping I figured to ask just in case. And I agree. The little maintenance I do on my bikes, I actually enjoy and it is part of the fun.

Still breakin her in and I have to say, nothing past 6,500 RPMs yet (even though I switched out the oil already at 126 miles) and wow. Seriously. The FZ pulls very strong and its 100% stock.

sweet ...:)

It's just a matter of unscrewing the screws then screwing them back in through the new plastic. It will be the simplest thing you have ever done especially if you have ever done a valve job on that Duck of yours.

Back