Cat in, or out?

Stevierst

I'm about to remap my juicebox for the trimmed flies and plugged AIS tomorrow, but wondering whether to remove the cat out of the downpipes first.

Is it worth removing? And where in the rev range would it produce any gains if any at all?

I know there's a few out there that have done this, bit I can't find any threads on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!

When I bought my FZ1, it already had the cat gutted out, so I can't exactly say the difference between cat and no cat. But, from what I've read on the forums, it seems to boost the mid to upper range with a slight loss in the lower end.

removed my cat and fitted two brothers race can,gained 5brake in the mid but lost some bottom ,but worth the trouble just to save weight of cat,new exhaust was 20 lbs lighter!

If you do remove use a chunk of bar stock or similar. I used a screwdriver and got inside the ring thats resistance welded to the pipe. PITA to remove that ring and I had to weld up holes in the pipe.

I bought a set of Arrow Headers for $400 odd dollars. Well worth the money.
I'm keeping my stock headers for if I ever need to put them back on or if I sell the bike.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Well I've left the cat in for now and just taken her for a ride with the remap. Awesome springs to mind! She spun the rear in third (wet road) at 1/2 throttle! Bags of mid range shunt, and goes like a rocket higher up. Ill pull the cat at a later date methinks. Cheers guys.

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!

Back