carrying boards???

Well mods.. hmm..

Has anybody got experience of carrying boards. (wake,kite,Watersport equipment) with these bikes? so making brakets and using them to transport your stuff to water.. ?

I made one.. still would need to test it.. :D two ways it can end.. good or really bad.. :teeter:

ok.. i dont expect get 200km/h with board.. would be happy for 100km/h even.. :sport12:

If you could mount something that you can secure the board to on the side of the bike so that the thinnest edge faces forward and the widest surfaces face left and right, then you should be OK to travel at most street speeds. Be careful in high wind areas though!

Maybe a set of the Givi paniers brackets then some ratcheting straps to secure the board to the framework?

I accually made my own brackets.. just did test ride and at 120km/h (short time even 140km/h) it had normal handling.. sure.. there was only 4m/s wind.

Sorry about pic size :banghead:

028.jpg

Back bracket..
025.jpg

029.jpg

Last edited:
Not an FZ, but this guy has carried his board all over the United States on his bergman.

mitch bergsma

Nice little video of his 5000+ mile ride with his board.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTLwMwMwQGE]YouTube - ‪5,938.5 miles trip on burgman 400 - Sept 5-24 2009‬‏[/ame]

He's a member of a local forum and rides all over with that board.

Back