Carb Sync.

I don't know how many of you out there
tune your own carbs, but I intend to do my own with the help of a Carbtune
I'm currious as to which one has been a good unit? Where are the best prices? I'm seeing ball-park $90-100 for the units, anyone found any super deals?

Years ago I relied on a Motion-Pro mercury car sync tool. Now I have the Morgan Carbtune and like it even more. That price range sounds about right for a quality sync tool. Sometimes you come across good deals on eBay or craigslist...

Found one Motion Pro Carb synchronizer but by the time it is shipped, you're close to a new one.

Many more but people are asking nearly the same money as a new one. Given how little these are used, it might be worth it to seek a local forum and find someone local to you that will let you borrow or rent it for a day. Good way to meet new riding buddies too. ;)

... That looks a lot easier to dial the carbs in than the bobbing tubes! That would be a nice addition to the garage. Thanks again.

Not really. I've used a similar set up, and while certainly very affordable, I prefer the Cartune. All four rods are next to each other and it makes it very easy to see them at a glance as you're adjusting the carbs or throttle bodies.

I suppose it depends on what you're used to....

In the motorcycle shop, we had the mercury gauges, we had bar gauges... and of course, the Vacuum Gauges...

Mercury Gauges... well.. they never did anything but piss me off... I always lost the mercury... the gauges would slip off of whatever I had them on, and BAM. there goes the mercury...

Bar gauges were decent... there's really not much of a downside other than the price....

Vacuum Gauges... well.... they can be used for many things... give readings on positive or negative pressure... and I like the "brakes" on the gauges that can control the needle bounce.

But... I do like my old fashioned stuff... probably why I'm still on my Gen 1.

Back