carb questions???

02 fz1

so i pulled the carbs off my 02. didnt have a rebuild kit but tore them down anyways as the bike had been sitting for a couple years. cleaned them very thourouly with the manual(thank you fzriderny) and put them back together very carefully as i marked each piece and each carb and did them one by one, and reinstalled them and turned the ignition and the fuel pump was running and before i knew it, fuel everywhere!!!!! not sure where it came from. looks like out of the actual body itself, but not sure as i had to shut the shop down!!arggghhh!! i will investigate 2morrow and get back. but if any of you pros out there have any suggestions in the mean time(and yes all screws and drains are tight haha) i would love to hear them as it would point me in a direction for 2morrow. thanx for all help!:gaming:

Yeah,
Likely something on the fuel intake side - hose not tight, check valve dirty or misassembled, something wrong in a float chamber - bent part, part left out or damaged - o-ring, ... stuck float... damaged gasket... uneven pressure used in assembling float chamber - or anywhere else a large gasket is used, ...

Back