Can I make my '06 FZ1 more comfortable?

Now that I have seen your pictures, I will probably do the same. I was wondering about a handlebar adjustment and you have a picture of a riser/rear offset. Where can I find it? Is that a Vario windshield? How do you like it? I am getting ready for a tail hard case in place of the rear seat. Thanks and I like the way the bike looks!

It's a Givi windshield with a Vario spoiler installed. I really like it. Down it puts the blast off my face. Up it makes highway much nicer. I have had it up to past 120 with the spoiler up and it is still very secure. If I had to do it again I would probably just bought the Vario replacement shield (about the same cost). If you don't tour much I would perhaps just order the spoiler for the stock shield. But my set up is great. The bar backs and spoiler I picked up from Twisted Throttle web site. You can set the bar back or forward. I have mine back now but this weekend I want to try it forward then turn my bars down. Just playing. Note the front brake will be tight and you will have to move it towards the middle some. It will be tight to get the bar on the new spacer. Once on it makes a differance.

It's a Givi windshield with a Vario spoiler installed. I really like it. Down it puts the blast off my face. Up it makes highway much nicer. I have had it up to past 120 with the spoiler up and it is still very secure. If I had to do it again I would probably just bought the Vario replacement shield (about the same cost). If you don't tour much I would perhaps just order the spoiler for the stock shield. But my set up is great. The bar backs and spoiler I picked up from Twisted Throttle web site. You can set the bar back or forward. I have mine back now but this weekend I want to try it forward then turn my bars down. Just playing. Note the front brake will be tight and you will have to move it towards the middle some. It will be tight to get the bar on the new spacer. Once on it makes a differance.

I also have the SW Motech Bar Backs (1" up and back) from TT and they are a nice comfort mod to be sure. I did not have to alter the position of my brake or clutch perch as Old Rice is suggesting. I just snipped a wire tire or two to loosen up the cables. The fit is snug but from most I have talked with that is all that is necessary. Each bike is different though.

Details

Now that I have seen your pictures, I will probably do the same. I was wondering about a handlebar adjustment and you have a picture of a riser/rear offset. Where can I find it? Is that a Vario windshield? How do you like it? I am getting ready for a tail hard case in place of the rear seat. Thanks and I like the way the bike looks!

Do you have a post or pics of what you are doing with your passenger seat case?

I have not done it yet. A previous post has the mods and I will find it. I am out of town until Sunday and I believe the case has arrived as my brother's did (order together). Basically, the hard tail bag plate attaches to the seat. I will be starting my mods this week on my '09 FZ1.

How do you find Satan666 to order those highway pegs? Those are exactly what i've been looking for! I see all the blogs but can't find a website of # for this guy.

How about Buell Uly footpegs? They drop about an inch. This is a set on a 'busa, or 'busa like thing.

View attachment 2580

I've got a brand new pair in my toolbox that you can have if you like. Just PM me. All I ask is a few bucks for shipping.

I had a custom Baldwin Motorbike Saddle on my 1125R with memory foam and a gel incert. It raised the saddle surface up about 1" or so. The cost isn't cheap but Baldwin is one of the best out there.

View attachment 2581

Last edited:
How about Buell Uly footpegs? They drop about an inch. This is a set on a 'busa, or 'busa like thing.

View attachment 2580

I've got a brand new pair in my toolbox that you can have if you like. Just PM me. All I ask is a few bucks for shipping.

I had a custom Baldwin Motorbike Saddle on my 1125R with memory foam and a gel incert. It raise the saddle surface up about 1" or so. The cost isn't cheap but Baldwin is one of the best out there.

View attachment 2581

Pete, if he does not want them, I'll take them! :D

View attachment 2580

I had a custom Baldwin Motorbike Saddle on my 1125R with memory foam and a gel incert. It raised the saddle surface up about 1" or so. The cost isn't cheap but Baldwin is one of the best out there.

View attachment 2581

Thanks for the ideas. PM sent...

Back