Can anyone help me figure out what this is?

It's right behind the shock if I'm looking at the bike from the rear. Looks like it hold some kind of fluid It looks and sounds empty though. I don't have a manual :(

depending on your definition of "right behind", it's either the shock reservoir or the rear brake fluid reservoir.

If it's option A and there's "nothing in it", that's good. If it's option B and there's nothing in it, let me know which route you're taking next so I can avoid it :)

depending on your definition of "right behind", it's either the shock reservoir or the rear brake fluid reservoir.

If it's option A and there's "nothing in it", that's good. If it's option B and there's nothing in it, let me know which route you're taking next so I can avoid it :)

LOL!

Neither of these being empty is great. Is it this container I circled in green and have the arrow on? That is the coolant overflow. You should have at least the minimum amount of coolant in there. If it is the smaller one that isn't visible in this picture, it is the brake reservoir and it needs to be filled to between the min/max markers (and you may want to bleed the rear brakes after filling this to max).

attachment.php

It's most likely the coolant reservoir, which u can just top up.
If it's the brakes I would check the entire rear system for leaks, because I would be worried why it was empty in the first place.

Back