C14 goes 1700 miles round trip

from Port St. Lucie, Florida, through Alabama and Mississippi, to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to visit my daughter:

Well I just got back. Yesterday I went about 570 miles and today 270. I was a hurtin' puppy when I got back. I'm not cut out for 500 miles on a bike. All highway except for a few smaller roads that went through some small towns to connect one major highway with another. It was really more a test of endurance for me. I know it's nothing compared to a lot of you but 1700 miles over 4 days riding is not bad (although I had a four day break in the middle). The key is that I had a great time with my daughter. Dan got to know her well on his visit here when Avery was here at the same time. Here are some pictures:

Mike the Tiger taking a bath. Avery is a Graduate Assistant with the LSU sports department with a stipend and full scholarship to get her master's degree at the same time over the next 2 years:

photo-62.jpg

Mike, the Tiger, and LSU mascot. He's real and he's even more imposing than Yogi:

photo-61.jpg

The vaunted stadium:

photo-60.jpg

Mike on the prowl:

photo-63.jpg

photo-59.jpg

Don't know what I was filming here:

photo-58.jpg

Avery's very pretty roommate and now close friend (they are both Graduate Assistants) at a fair that included a motorcycle show and motorcycle goodies:

photo-57.jpg

Pretty ladies on a motorcycle:

photo-76.jpg

photo-56.jpg

Avery and her roommate on a GW Trike:

photo-73.jpg

photo-72.jpg

Me on a new BMW 1600GT. They offered me a ride but I declined since I didn't want to detract from my time with my daughter but boy would I have loved it:

photo-71.jpg

World's strongest Men. They asked me what I'd like them to do. I asked them to pick up the 250 pound stone:

photo-69.jpg

photo-68.jpg

photo-67.jpg

One guy dropped his and the ball broke into several pieces, none of which I could pick up I'm sure. It also was a good chance to see that inside these concrete balls is a core of lead:

photo-70.jpg

Allison phoning her dad after their Cardinals won it all. We watched both of the last two games. Reminded me of the '86 Mets (I was a Met fan back then):

photo-66.jpg

Shaquille O'Neil went to LSU and is a frequent visitor and benefactor:

photo-65.jpg

Another part of their massive sports complex:

photo-64.jpg

Along the way home yesterday:

photo-55.jpg

Yogi:

IMG_0149.mp4 video by normmiller - Photobucket

Wow! Great time you had Norm. Boy, I thought the colleges that I have been going to see with Richie the last few weeks were impressive! None of them had their own TIGER!!!! That is some university! I'm glad you had a great time with your daughter. Thanks for the pics!!

RE: Travels

Ahhh, !! Great LSU traditions, (pretty) girls on motorcycles, and , , motorcycles too ! Thanks for the cool pics Norm !! My spirits have lifted already . . . .:cheers:

Must have been a great ride Norm. Just think you could have been hanging out in a snow storm with the rest of us Noreasters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad you had a good trip. That's a lot of miles even on a comfy bike like the Connie. That BMW 1600GT/GTL looks amazing :drools:. You should have taken the ride and let your daughter go too.

Glad the Cards won the WS! Those last 2 games were amazing (especially game 6). I was sad to see La Russa retire, but I understand.

Too bad there weren't more fun, twisty roads. Long, straight interstate travel can get boring really fast. (always makes me want to drive at excessive speeds) :spank2: Did you buy the leather jacket with the American flag on the back to go with your Shoei Glory helmet? Great pictures. I understand the Tiger is LSU's mascot, but I'm not sold on the idea of keeping a live tiger around. Keep posting riding pictures from the warm south so I don't go nuts this winter.

Last edited:
COngrats on your time w/your daughter . . . VERY important as time stops for no one! And I'll be in front of my HD tv Saturday afternoon for the 'game' . . . and rooting for . . . . LSU BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are very fortunate Norm to have that opportunity. Glad you two could spend some quality time together! The C14 is more than up to the task... probably grateful to you for being able to really stretch it out! Avery is doing well I take it? :tup:

Back