Bye guys

Just wanted to say that I've just done the unthinkable and traded in my FZ1 for the new Kawasaki Z1000SX.

Whilst I wasn't the most active poster, this is one of the most useful and friendly forums out there! So I'd like to thank you all for a great forum. I couldn't have "gutted the cat" and many other little projects without you!

Cheers everyone - and ride smooth and safe!

Regards

Simon

Take it easy and enjoy that new Quacker. I read the info on that bike and it sounds like a great ride. See if they can find a smaller plate for you that thing is HUGE.

Good luck with the new bike. From all the reports that I've read it sounds like a nice ride. I will be test riding one in June if I can ;)

Those Akra's look the business over stock. I like the look over the Z1000. I would like to know your opinion on it as well. Ivan has been finding some big gains on these motors from what I've read.

Congrats on the new ride! You need not leave and are always welcome no matter what you ride, even a Harley! :eek5: :tup: We'd love to hear about the differences you find between the two rides. Pros? Cons? Happy? Regret? Thus far, as you've seen, almost all that have sold the FZ1 have turned around and bought one back, even the SAME one bought back. ;)

Kool !!enjoy your new bike. I did get an opportunity to see one up close and sit on it, but as we all know that does no real justice. Therefore we await your report/comparison after you get a couple hundred miles in.

Hi all - thanks for your kind comments about my new ride!

A small update for you..

I'm 300 miles in now so starting to open her up a bit more. Those Akras really do sound sweet. Really deep and bassy. I got them fitted by the dealer before delivery and he is desperate to get her on the dyno for comparison against the stock cans. I've obviously agreed to this so will report back whan it happens.

PROS
Much prefer the riding position. At 6ft 2 I didn't always find my knees in a comfortable position on the Fazer. Much more comfortable on the SX - they mould nicely into the tank. Riding position I feel is much more "on top of" rather than "inside" if you get what I mean.

It's obviously much more of a touring machine than the Fazer. The power delivery is constant throughout the rev range (although I haven't been too high on the counter yet) It's much more of a "woosh" than a smack in the face with a sledgehammer you get from the FZ1! It handles well too - I am as confident on it as I was the FZ1.

CONS

Man I miss my centrestand!

Can't think of any other massive cons, really. If I am being honest I do miss my FZ1. I loved her but have moved on and am very pleased with my new girl!!

The huge pommie numberplate will be going very soon. I see a tail tidy in my near future..

And if anyone can think of a name it would be appreciated. Better than Godzilla or Kermit the Hog anyway....

Cheers all

Simon

Nice looking bike, and those Akra makes all the diference. I once owned a 07 Z1000 and liked a lot but the FZ1 is more my style. When you can post a video to let us hear those cans
HULK seems to be a good name :)

I actually went to the kawasaki/yamaha dealership looking for a z1000, but they're like rocking horse shit. I don't regret my decision one bit, but I would have bought the z.

Hi all - thanks for your kind comments about my new ride!

A small update for you..

I'm 300 miles in now so starting to open her up a bit more. Those Akras really do sound sweet. Really deep and bassy. I got them fitted by the dealer before delivery and he is desperate to get her on the dyno for comparison against the stock cans. I've obviously agreed to this so will report back whan it happens.

PROS
Much prefer the riding position. At 6ft 2 I didn't always find my knees in a comfortable position on the Fazer. Much more comfortable on the SX - they mould nicely into the tank. Riding position I feel is much more "on top of" rather than "inside" if you get what I mean.

It's obviously much more of a touring machine than the Fazer. The power delivery is constant throughout the rev range (although I haven't been too high on the counter yet) It's much more of a "woosh" than a smack in the face with a sledgehammer you get from the FZ1! It handles well too - I am as confident on it as I was the FZ1.

CONS

Man I miss my centrestand!

Can't think of any other massive cons, really. If I am being honest I do miss my FZ1. I loved her but have moved on and am very pleased with my new girl!!

The huge pommie numberplate will be going very soon. I see a tail tidy in my near future..

And if anyone can think of a name it would be appreciated. Better than Godzilla or Kermit the Hog anyway....

Cheers all

Simon

I'm with you Hintonator.

The only Con I have is not having a centerstand, the headlight kinda sucks and the left muffler makes chain maintenance a PITA!

Back