buzzing vibration

I have recently bought a 2008 fz1, the bike is awesome and I absolutely love it... apart from the buzzing plastic vibration from the front fairing I get at about 2000 revs.. it drives me mad!!!!!
I've tried to locate it, but short of stripping the whole fairing off, it eludes me.
My bike has the full touring fairing with the higher screen, I've sanded off the bottom of the screen where it touches the fairing, but no success.. I have read the previous posts on this problem.. and others it seems have had the same problem.. is it the vent above clocks?? I've tried grabbing hold of it, but the buzz is still there... any suggestions??

Last edited:
I'm on my phone, or I'd post a link. Search fairing vibration. It is an easy fix. Remove the windscreen an put some foam tape on the most forward part of the instrument housing. Reinstal screen. Done.

how much time do you spend at 2000 RPM? I might have all kinds of crazy stuff go on at that RPM and would never know it.......

Finally found it!.... I tried all the fixes explained above to no avail... after stripping off the touring fairing, I found 2 bolts were left out of the original handlebar fairing.. whoever fitted the touring fairing didn't put all the bolts back in the original .. it was the two lower bolts that hold the black "cheeks" either side of the dashboard clocks.. the plastic lugs were vibrating because the had no bolts in them.... replaced the bolts... and now...no buzzing!!

Happy days!!

Back