Buying an 01 Fz1

Problem is it only has 2200 original miles. What do I need to look for when I goto buy it . 2200 aint even broken in lol Ive hear more than a few of these things going 100k +

It allegedly " needs nothing " and fires right up .

If you can get there while the bike is cold and have him cold start it for you.

When I put less quality gas my 03 starts like crap when cold. when I put in good gas, like chevron, it starts like a champ everytime. I have over 70k on mine and besides regular maintenance I have only had to replace one side engine cover gasket that was leaking.

If you can get there while the bike is cold and have him cold start it for you.

When I put less quality gas my 03 starts like crap when cold. when I put in good gas, like chevron, it starts like a champ everytime. I have over 70k on mine and besides regular maintenance I have only had to replace one side engine cover gasket that was leaking.

Yea , my only concern is its a 01 . Meaning it sat for a long time with only 2200 on it unless the guy never rode more than 5 miles at a time once a week lol

I hope the carb boots and all other rubber is good on it .

Check the tires, old hard and cracked rubber is bad. Dump the fuel in the tank and replace with fresh fuel and perhaps carb cleaner additive.

If you do buy it then change all the fluids, inspect the brake lines and look for what was said above.

Back