Brrrrr it was brisk today

Gian T. Balls

For me it was cold, but I don't feel like I can say it was cold conpared to you guys out on the right coast...lol. Yes I'm rubbing it in.. just a little.:poke: Cause my nipps are raw from riding on such a very very Brisk 60deg day. I almost had to take out the liner in my jacket... lol.
But really it was a nice day for riding. I was a little dirty, but I had fun. Even tryed to take a few pic's while riding like Fred (I think that was his name). It's harder then it looks, and it looks hard. Only thing was, there was not many bikes out today. Just few of the ricky racers. I did get to run down a guy on a new BMW RR. Thought it was funny, I was just trying to catch him to look at the bike. But as soon as a straight was in sight.. he could just walk away from me. Then I would run him down again. Then poof gone on the straight again. Bike got really dirty, love the new power's but did not get to really jump on it because all the dirt and run off. Still any ride is a good ride.

your killing me

Went out for about four hours yesterday and it only just got above 4c. you can only ride for 45mins at a time and then warm ya hands on the engine. Went to work this morning at 7am and it said -7c. now that,s not warm lol

It's great to hear more and more of us getting out there and riding. Pretty soon the pages of the forum will be buzzing with ride pics and stories! It's gonna be a great season ahead.

It's been fairly consistant with good days, at least 3 to 4 days a week. Typically their in the mid 60's around 2:00. I'v been riding with sweat-pants and camo's and on top two long sleve t's a hooded sweatshirt and topped with a leather jacket and leather gloves. I could use a neck gaitor because my modular helmet, a Fulmer, is a bit windy in the neck area by nature and somewhat noisy, but all in all it's been sort of fun. The days coming though when I just might head out to N. Myrtle beach for a day of cruising and seeing the sights there, mabe take the long way home. I'm thinking of my-(you) Bro's up in the North East when I ride guys, won't be too long now......

60 f is when I can wear my regular gloves up here (sf bay area). Looks like a little colder this week, though.

Remember not to cut the apex's as the cagers kick up gravel on the inside. Also, ranchers coming on from their fields bring up a lot of dirt. Last thurs I had a couple esses, saw the rancher dirt on the first part, ignored it, bike handled great, than a tight reverse but faster twist with the rancher's dirt kinda thinly spread out. Had a nice, but short (few inches, probably less than two feet, but hard to tell), TWO wheel slide, all safe in my lane.

Probably should have hung off more.

Same road, but about 70 miles away from the above, gravel, EXACT SAME COLOR AS asphalt, washed in three thin rows across a twist causing the front to slide. Never saw it until the next day, when I looked for it. All I had to do was stay in the cager line as they had cut that gravel nicely.

Although I always kinda watch closely the first day out after a day off, I still watch closely for changed conditions even in back to back rides. In one area, last week, TWO little boulder land slides, not a problem, but there were NOT there 'yesterday.'

Ride safe and ride smart.

I took the wife out on the Calavares, Mines, Mt Hamilton loop yesterday. It was a nice day to get out and ride. Lot's of gravel, but as Scout pointed out, the cages leave a couple clean lines.

I took the wife out on the Calavares, Mines, Mt Hamilton loop yesterday. It was a nice day to get out and ride. Lot's of gravel, but as Scout pointed out, the cages leave a couple clean lines.

I should've went yesterday, but thought weather would be great today. Freakin rain showers today!

How's the new shock, and there's no way my wife would hop on the back of the FZ, and she'd totally freak going down hamilton. Your's made of tougher stuff?

Well, I hope the rain is gone when I commute home.

My wife, Tracy, rides her own dirtbike and has Derbi scooter. She rides some pretty gnarley trails on occasion. She hates that everyone thinks she will be a really good rider just because of my off-road skills. The scooter is fun. It is now 70cc (was 50cc) and has a beautiful Ti Leo Vince racing pipe. It just needs some jetting and it will be awesome. Carb jets, needles and info have been hard to come by. It's fun to wheelie, but hard to do.

Tracy says the shock offered her a much smoother ride. I agree. Everything was better than stock. Turn-in, bump compliance, bottoming resistance, etc....The ride is just so smoooooooth now. The back end feels less busy on the bumpy roads.

Back