broke down need advise!!! plz

So i was riding yesterday and i hit 95mph and looked down and all my gauges were dead bike lost all electrical power. (this is my educated guess) i have heard people say regulator rectifyer and stator but i dont know and dont want to buy both if i dont have to. Any advise would be great guys thanks

Still check for a ground fault somewhere first. You may have a frayed wire, stripped by rubbing on something. Often wires get frayed by the head-tube in front of the airbox or triple trees.

Do you have any "custom" (home made) electrical connection? Or is everything stock wiring harness and Molex connectors?

Look for corosion around the wire connectors, make sure everything is seated tightly.

If you have a Haynes type shop manual, typically the electrical diagrams are near the back and they have a good "how to diagnose" section for electrical issues.

So i was riding yesterday and i hit 95mph and looked down and all my gauges were dead bike lost all electrical power.

I had a similar situation while in hard acceleration, everything in the cluster went dead, except the fuel gauge. The battery wouldn't stay charged either. I found that the red positive wires contacts were burnt in the large white connector under the tank. The below link gives details on repair. I simply bypassed the connector for this wire and inserted a auto type single wire connector, so that I could disconnect it. The problem was gone and the battery charging returned. I thought that it was a bad battery at first, because it wouldn't hold a charge. While searching for a good battery to order, I found the link below and fixed the problem. The battery still works great.

Eskort's Defective Regulator/Rectifier Connector Replacement

Last edited:
no the guy i bought it from did some headlight swap for some crappy dirt bike light. (on a side note if anyone knows a link to buy a headlight setup that doesnt cost 400 like the fairing plz let me know.) no blinkers on front so there is deff some eletcrial possibliitys.

i have seen the cheap ones on ebay but they only have like 20 watt halogen lights and i assume those wont be night worthy.

Last edited:
My regulator/rectifier died around May of this year, however i wasn't riding. Bike was parker for one day in the rain (not the first time). Next day I went to ride, lights came one but won't start, I turned it off and on again, now nothing happened, light or nothing. Changed battery, checked fuses, Nothing. Last thing regulator/rectifier and that was it. Ordered a new one online and was back in business.

No warning signs or anything. And it sure wasn't the rain, I've riden and parked in the rain before.

Back