breakdown cover

silentg

hi guys, just a quick post really.

although it will be few and far between im intersted in your opinions of the different breakdown cover available for bikers. i mean from the organisations i.e AA RAC and green flag... or any others available.

basically who's good with bikes etc etc

i had a bit of a nightmare the other week with the baby bike, puncture and the AA but i want to take out breakdown cover for my fz1 just to be on the safe side.

Dont know whos best mate but ive used RAC before when my GSXR broke down traveling across England. They were pretty good and made a good attempt to get me going again. Ended up being able to ride to a local garage, so didnt need recovery.

Id give them a 7 outta 10 rating.

Any more opinions lads?

hi guys, just a quick post really.

although it will be few and far between im intersted in your opinions of the different breakdown cover available for bikers. i mean from the organisations i.e AA RAC and green flag... or any others available.

basically who's good with bikes etc etc

i had a bit of a nightmare the other week with the baby bike, puncture and the AA but i want to take out breakdown cover for my fz1 just to be on the safe side.

A few friends use Greenflag and rate them highly. I have heard a few horror stories of the AA and bike recovery nightmares. Seems that most of their operatives get extremely confused and start crying whilst grabbing for their blankies for comfort when they see a bike!

the RAC seem good they have dedicated trailers for bikes as I dont think the AA has (but dont quote me on that just what I have read on the website) if you want a dedicated bike recovery then Motorcycle Breakdown Cover, from RescueMyCar.com or you can insure with bikesure or bennetts and cover with them.I am with RAC basic cover as I carry puncture kit and gas bottles under the seat.I have not used any recovery thus so far.

Back