Brakes

Hi I’m wanting to upgrade my brakes on my fz1 2005 to wavy ones , what size do I go for I read the disc size is 298mm but online for my bike say 310mm I’m a bit confused please help!!

I don’t know if they work any better or worse I really like the way they look but thanks for the info on size it’s appreciated I’m looking to lift the bikes look and performance a touch I’m new to the FZ1 I love the ride.

If your suspension hasn't been upgraded I personally think that is the investment with the highest payoff, especially if you do two up or weigh north of 190.

I just installed Speigler Braided lines and EBC sintered brake pads on my 05. Brakes feel great.
Never thought about wave rotors. Like to see pictures after the install.

It’s had a Hagen rear shocker fitted I ride alone no pillion and in only a little thing 11 stones , braided hoses and new pads are on the radar thanks good people.

I have waveys on my rgv, the super generic ones from europe. They feel warped and unsettling until totally warmed up, and cool down quickly so you get to enjoy the pulsation thru the lever again. Looks may be cool but function rules. If i ever swap to a new rotor on my fz1 (05) i would do a ebc, but i have spare oem rotors first.

Or really you have given me food for thought, I’m not a fast rider anymore, gone the days a of scraping peggs I’m 64 but love bikes😂😂
I like the fz1 brakes much more, cause every time i pull the lever i know what im going to get. You have a decade on me, but i fully intend to be riding then. Just hope my spine holds out. Ridng is life, i feel for anyone who doesnt know.

Where I work, we sell Ferodo motorcycle brakes and there has been the long standing argument. er ummm, "discussion" with Italy of standard rotors versus wave rotors.
Wave rotors do have a better and more trendy look, but the argument is the wave rotors are less effective due to less continual brake pad contact surface. Hence, less effective stopping power.
Even they don't use our stuff, I point out that the Attack Yamaha MotoAmerica SBK teams seem to stop just fine using wave rotors.... :eek:

But back on topic, the braided brake line and modern sintered pads upgrade make a world of difference. And like 'bunk' stated, the beauty of our bikes is the consistency at the brake lever.

I like the fz1 brakes much more, cause every time i pull the lever i know what im going to get. You have a decade on me, but i fully intend to be riding then. Just hope my spine holds out. Ridng is life, i feel for anyone who doesnt know.
Yeah I’ve just sold my fireblade for a similar reason neck and lower back giving me some stick.

If your going for looks that's one thing. But the factory brakes are really good ,especially with sintered pads.
OEM pads are sintered, but usually of a slightly lower friction rating than some aftermarket pads. Sumitomo pads that came with my FZ are stamped with an HG rating. I have used EBC EPFA pads and Vesrah RJL pads, both with an HH rating and designated for street and track use, and like them a lot.

I have waveys on my rgv, the super generic ones from europe. They feel warped and unsettling until totally warmed up, and cool down quickly so you get to enjoy the pulsation thru the lever again. Looks may be cool but function rules. If i ever swap to a new rotor on my fz1 (05) i would do a ebc, but i have spare oem rotors first.
I just picked up a spare used set on eBay.

Back