Brake upgrade

drmgillan

We all have upgraded the performance of our bikes some way or the other, slip on, sprockets, pc3, etc...
However what about stopping power?
What upgrades are available? And which ones are considered the best? Most bang for your buck? Opinions appreciated.
Galfer/EBC/Brembo,
Brake pads, rotors, braided lines, master ?
Would really appreciate some input guys as this has been on my mind and considering what route I should go.
So far I have on EBC pads.
Thanks

We all have upgraded the performance of our bikes some way or the other, slip on, sprockets, pc3, etc...
However what about stopping power?
What upgrades are available? And which ones are considered the best? Most bang for your buck? Opinions appreciated.
Galfer/EBC/Brembo,
Brake pads, rotors, braided lines, master ?
Would really appreciate some input guys as this has been on my mind and considering what route I should go.
So far I have on EBC pads.
Thanks

The EBC's along with Braided Steel Lines makes for some good lever feel and stopping power. I used some HEL Lines on my 01' and now I'm using Russell Lines on the YZF and it's a nice upgrade.

Be careful too much front brake power = locking your front wheel easer, the 14mm master on these bikes tend to be abrupt as it is, for a better modulated feel a 19mm radial master works great & is more predictable vs the 14mm stock master.
Nissin Daytona has them for ~ $180.00, Brembo is much more.

Be careful too much front brake power = locking your front wheel easer, the 14mm master on these bikes tend to be abrupt as it is, for a better modulated feel a 19mm radial master works great & is more predictable vs the 14mm stock master.
Nissin Daytona has them for ~ $180.00, Brembo is much more.

Interested to know what bike to source one of these radial masters from (so I can get a good second hand one). Also anyone else's feedback on the radial-mount upgrade and/or sizing tips would be appreciated.

Also are they a straight fit, do you use them with the stock lever & lines etc?

Interested to know what bike to source one of these radial masters from (so I can get a good second hand one). Also anyone else's feedback on the radial-mount upgrade and/or sizing tips would be appreciated.

I not sure you'll find them used, they come with brake light switch & mirror mounts, the 19mm= 5/8th work great with the FZ1 calipers, I have this set up on my vmax which is 125 Lbs heavier than the FZ, before that I had the FZ1 master & calipers on my vmax but didn't like the fact that locking the front wheel was very easy in emergency braking:looseit:. you would think a bigger master cylinder would lock the wheel easier but the opposite happens it gives more braking power with more predictability & modulation.

The set comes with the lever, brake light switch & a plastic reservoir.
want to pay much more you can go with Brembo or other fancy ones, the reason they are expensive is that they are machined not cast, you can find Brembo cast which are found on other bikes as stock but more expensive.

After using these Nissin Daytona radial masters for a year I am very happy with their performance and price.

NISSIN Motorcycle RADIAL Brake Master Cylinder Kit 656B | eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brembo-19-R...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5895482f9c&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

If you will follow those two links I did a quicky google for, you will find the answers you're looking for......

Back