brake pads

fazertazer1

Has anyone ever heard of the brand factory spec brake pads? I can get a whole set front and bake for 18$ on ebay. Just wondering if anyone has used them and how they held up.

I'd steer clear from unknown brands, especially if they're so cheap. Even a basic EBC pad will be much more than $18 for just a single caliper.

Yea i was just curious if anyone has used them. I usually run ebc's on my toys. Sometimes you get lucky tho and find cheap things that do well. So i was just curious is anyone has used them.

I was always a fan of the Vesrah RJL pads I had on my SV650S. Good lord, with braided lines that bike stopped better that it had any business stopping, given it's master cylinder size. They are pricey, though. :(

Whats the deal with the braided brake line thing? Whats the advantage of running braided lines?

Rubber lines flex, and even over time they can begin to crack and possibly leak. Braided brake lines don't flex, crack and if installed correctly don't leak. The thing about flex is that more fluid reaches where it needs to with less pressure on the bar. It's not an overly dramatic change, but most anyone will tell you that it's a different/better feel with slightly more stopping power.

I just bought some that brand for my dirt bike. My opinion is a sintered pad is a sintered pad, but of course I'm talking about off road- stopping distance, heat, etc are things to consider on the road. I would at least pony up for some ebc branded brakes

I'm currently looking for some new brake pads for my 07' FZ1, but my knowledge on this subject is fairly low. I know that I want some sintered brake pads, but which brand should I choose, and what should I stay away from?
How much should one expect to pay for a complete set? The only brand I've heard of is Brembo...

I'm currently looking for some new brake pads for my 07' FZ1, but my knowledge on this subject is fairly low. I know that I want some sintered brake pads, but which brand should I choose, and what should I stay away from?
How much should one expect to pay for a complete set? The only brand I've heard of is Brembo...

As a rule, the OEM pads on the FZ1 and most performance-oriented bikes offer the best compromise for stopping power in all conditions as well as pad life and disc wear. Outright stopping power & feel isn't the priority. If you want to upgrade your pads, you're certainly not starved for choice:

EBC
DP Brakes
Braking
Galfer
Vesrah
Ferodo
SBS
Brembo

There's lots to consider. Price, stopping power, weather, feel, wear. I guess the first question is: What do you want different from what OEM offers? I personally use EBC HH pads on almost all my bikes. I find them stronger than OEM and good value at around $35 per caliper.

And don't forget that brake fluid needs to be changed on a regular basis. A bike with old brake fluid will often feel spongy and weak until you change it.

Last edited:
Back