Brake light

Have any of you had problems with the front brake light switch? After 11 months, and about 14000 miles mine decided to go kaput today, tested it with an ohmmeter and no continuity when I push the lever in. It seems kinda early for this kind of thing to happen don't you think?

Can you see and hear the switch actually being actuated? The switch operates by the lever relieving contact, instead of making it. If there is gunk built up in that area, it could be keeping the nipple in the in position, instead of allowing it to pop out so that it actuates the internals of the switch.

I can hear it click when it goes in and click on release. Good thought though. Nope, nothin recent on the front brakes, just checkin to make sire all the lights work and found it not functioning. :(

Disconnect the switch and bridge the plug, this will tell you if the wiring and light are good.

The switch could just have taken in some moisture and corroded internally. If this is the case then I'm sure your dealer would replace it under the warranty.

I'm not having trouble with the front, but the rear has been acting up. I always use the front with or without the rear and never only the rear so I'm not overly concerned yet.

FWIW, I ride is all conditions so I'm sure something will give out in the weather. ;)

Yup, I did the bridge the wires together thing to eliminate wiring issues, and removed the switch, and tested it with my meter, no bueno when it's supposed to be closed. Must be a cheesy piece, because although I ride in everything, it's pretty much only sunny and hot here in Texas. :)

Back