Brake Light

Everyone has been such a big help with other questions I've had, so I thought I would try again. I have a 2004 and would like to hook my autocom up to it. I was hoping to use the power going to the brake light. The problem is I don't know exactly how to get access to the brake light power. How do I remove all of the plastic surrounding it. I took of all the bolts I can see, but it still doesnt want to move. Is there a clip somewhere or screw that I'm missing?

I really have no idea in the world what an "autocom" is but I did an internet search and it seems to be a commo unit.

Your brake light circuit is only going to be powered when the brake is activated and the brake light is on.

Is that what you want?

Otherwise, you're going to have to take power off the fuse block, north of the brake light fuse.

It's straight to the battery for acceseries, light bulbs and coms probably don't work well together. Or 12V lighter outlet. Witch i was going to hook up for my radar detecter, i just need to find a place to mount the detecter of the bike.

I used the rear brake running lights as the power source for my Aux lights. The yellow wire is always hot. The spot to look is under the throttle side cover below the seat.

DSCF3843.JPG

That said, I wouldn't want my comm system to only have power when the bike is on.

Back