Bought A DL1000 Vstrom....

jnor

I bought a new Vstrom DL1000 Adventure the first of July, here's a post I put on the stromtrooper forum shortly after I bought it.....

My wife, and I rode a couple hundred miles on it Saturday, and it worked out great !!!

I've now got a week, and 1600 miles in with my Vstrom.... I bought it a week ago Saturday, and ride it last weekend to break it in, then changed the oil, and filter.

Headed down thru West Virginia on 2 lanes and stopped at Fancy Gap, Va. for the night, then down the BRP to the end, and to Robbinsville...Then back home here in Ohio.

I bought the bike for a sport touring use, I had a FJR, and never really "connected" with it..I didn't like the ergo's, it was top heavy...just never liked it, most/lots of people love them though. I have no intentions doing any "off roading/gravel etc. with the Vee.

I lowered it with adjustable links, and that all I've done to it.
My wife actually steered me to it, because she said the passenger seat looked comfortable, and she says it is. We have 2 Kawasaki Versys also, though she is done riding on her own. The Versys is a tie with Gen1 Yamaha FZ1's as my favorite motorcycle in 40+ years of riding...but the Vstrom is right there also. The only "issue" I have is that in dirty air behind a semi, the wind buffets the bike side to side some..I have the windshield in the highest setting, maybe that's it....

After 1600+ miles I love the Vstrom. I like the engine, the ergo's, the storage, and the handling...so far so good

P1010077.jpg

P1010096-1.jpg

Really nice bike! I was 95% sure I was going to buy one a few months ago, but then I started looking at FZ1s and the rest is history. I've never heard ANY negative feedback about the V-Strom from anyone who has owned one. If I can ever sell my Harley, a Wee-Strom might be the next bike I buy. Enjoy the bike! :cheers:

I'm becoming more and more fond of the V-Strom. How's the legroom compared to an FZ1? That's the one big complaint with my FZ1... my legs are just a bit too cramped. And used DL1000's are pretty affordable.

Rob

I'm becoming more and more fond of the V-Strom. How's the legroom compared to an FZ1? That's the one big complaint with my FZ1... my legs are just a bit too cramped. And used DL1000's are pretty affordable.

Rob

I can tell ya......after riding the Vstrom the last month, or so.....it has much more leg room that the FZ1.

Congrats

V-stroms have a great powerplant and are very comfortable. With the right tires and rider can go places they probably shouldn't. I have ridden with a few off-road and they don't have as much fun going where I do, but they will go. They are probably more comfortable on-road than mine is.

When you get older comfort gets to be a bit higher on the priority list (than looks or speed), You just wait Dustin....:nana:

Oh and so much less pretentious or expensive than a BMW (or KTM.....)

The Strom is one of the most comfortable bikes I've ever ridden.
Also had the worst buffeting of any bike, but a Laminar Lip will clean up the air flow around the shoulders and helmet.

Funny thing, one of my friends just sold his DL1000 to buy an FJR.

Back