Boscobel, WI

Just returned from Boscobel, WI. Awesome place to ride and a great way to wrap up the touring season. All together 1480 miles in one weekend on the FZ1 (bone stock minus a Vstream windscreen). Unfortunately no other FZ1s in the crowd.

Anyone ride in the Boscobel neck of the woods???

I'll actually be passing through there this weekend. Doing an overnight trip to MN to check out the fall colors. The whole area near the river has some challenging roads.

You can occasionally come across one (or more!) of these

cowr.jpg

I was back there in the SW Sconnie area last fall for a FJR gathering in LaCrosse. Had a great day ride just north of where you were including a ride through Wildcat Mountain State Park. No doubt that area has some really great riding and beautiful country.
Here are a few pics I took, see the Amish Buggy headed up the drive?
IMG_0054.jpg

Along the Mississippi early Sunday morning
IMG_0065.jpg

I put 2,550 miles on this rented Wingabago, had a blast all the way up to Copper Harbor!
IMG_0012.jpg

Very cool! We rode Wildcat Mountain as well. Got busted by the park ranger for no pass. Cost $5. I was a bargain though, I will definitely look forward to that ride again!

Yep, saw some bovine, a few deer and miscellaneous other varmints that presented themsleves as obsticals. Luckily we avoided them all!

I'm glad you could enjoy some Wisconsin fall weather - the next time you are up this way let me know, I have a great route that runs through the Baraboo Bluffs and around the Wisconsin River/Lake Wisconsin area that I could supply. Zero traffic, clean roads.

Back