Boot Dilemma Solved!!!

So me and Ray (CanonFuji), took a ride up to Cycle Gear in Orange Connecticut early this morning for him to pick up that Bilt Bluetooth Helmet they have on sale, and me to pick up the GoPro Wifi Remote Kit for my camera. We got in there and he started trying on helmets and I sifted through the GoPro section. Of course they had the items separate but not the kit! Wonderful! So I decided to pick up the Shorty Levers for the YZF. They had a "Buy One Get One Free" deal for $100 bucks. So I go to the back wall and "true to form" they don't have any for my bike! Strike Two! As I'm walking back to the front of the store, the Boot Section caught my eye. There on the wall was all the Sedici Boots. I seen some Ultimo's for $179.99 so I try on some size 12's they had. No deal! Way too narrow in the foot. Back to the wall and start searching through the boxes but no more bigger sizes. Then I see all the way on the bottom at the floor was a box with a little red sticker that said $49.99, and another white sticker that said $179.99 and Size 13. They were Sedici Laguna's in Black. I drag the box out and try them on. Perfect fit!!! I walk around and they feel very good. The guy comes over and asks me if I found something I like. I told him that I needed him to check the sticker cause there was conflicting prices. He looked at both and told me that it must have been a mistake. I showed him where the red sticker said "Size 13" on it. He took the box and brought it up front for a few minutes. He comes back and tells me that since they didn't have the GoPro Kit nor the Shorty Levers, that he would honor the $49 dollar price!!! WooHoo!!! I told him I'd wear them home. To boot I had an old Gift Card that wound up having $32 dollars on it so the boots wound up costing me $27 dollars out of pocket!! BONUS!!! So I rode home with an "ear to ear" grin under my helmet!! Here are the new boots that finally fit my big feet!......................

IMG_0064_zpsf4fe4ad3.jpg

IMG_0062_zps7cb4933a.jpg

So what I thought was going to be a "bust", turned out to be a windfall morning! :yes:

Last edited:
NICE! Awesome deal!

The guys down here at my local Cycle Gear, on the south side of Houston, always try to take care of me. They are very customer service oriented.

I have visited other Cycle Gear locations where the folks weren't quite 'up to speed' with their level of service and attitude, but for the most part I've had good success with them as a whole. Heck, even the location in San Diego (where I couldn't get a tire mounted on the spot - like they do as a matter of practice at my local store) took care of me by referring me to a local guy there that was able to get me squared away.

Great deal! I wish there was a gear shop around me. I have to hunt and pick through the small selections at some semi-local dealers or shop online (or go to the HD shops and get something that says HD and doesn't do anything to protect me). You know, do-rags, leather vests, assless chaps and fingerless gloves. I should ask them where the eye patches are! :fencers:

BikerMount.jpg

Back