bogging down when pulling off

Hi guys/girls.
A brief intro here ... 2 weeks ago i collected my 2008 fz1n with 1200 miles on the clock, rode it home and loved it. Day after it snowed and it was forecast all week so i decided it would be the best time to buy a new slip on. I decided to go for a race can, nice little stubby, looks and sounds ace.
But ... since fitting it, the bike really bogs down when pulling off, almost like its about to stall.
Does anyone know if this is something that a power commander would sort out?
I've also been told that i should try an O2 eliminator as the new slip on is obviously sending back incorrect data to the ECU which is confusing it, so the O2 eliminator 'should' stop it?

This week im going to put the standard exhaust back on to make sure it only happens with the new one, but i was wondering if it could cause any damage if i done this without re installing the exup cables?

Thanks for reading, also if anyone else has any ideas i would be extremely grateful!

Simon.

H I & welcome

As said above it should run just fine with a slip on

You can install the std can without connecting the exup cables but you will need to wire the flap in the fully open position ,,, good idea to do this & post back with your findings

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome and the reply delbert!

Does the flap open up at certain rpm's? i only ask this as i would only need to pull off from a stand still to know if its all down to the can.
I only rode the bike 9 mile from the dealership before putting the can on so im wondering if it done it as standard and perhaps i didn't notice it.

I was just hoping i could throw the standard can back on just to check.

Thanks again.

Where the cables hook to on pipe turn the valve and keep it open with something that wont melt and put on bike you can leave it on stand your bike has sat along time you might have bad gas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the welcome and the reply delbert!

Does the flap open up at certain rpm's? i only ask this as i would only need to pull off from a stand still to know if its all down to the can.
I only rode the bike 9 mile from the dealership before putting the can on so im wondering if it done it as standard and perhaps i didn't notice it.

I was just hoping i could throw the standard can back on just to check.

Thanks again.

As I understand it , the flap remains open most of the time & closes slightly at higher rpms to eliminate noise ,, complete waste of time to be honest

sorry about th wrong info simon who would have thought that its open and then closes then you should be ok without hooking up cables have you made any progress

Back