BMW Functional Socks Review

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Can something as simple as socks make a difference? They sure can! Here are two pair with excellent performance and very reasonable pricing.

More...

I've invested more money in thermal clothing than i did in heated grips...

Not surprising, really, given the affordability of heated grips. I know that some people complain about them only warming the inside of your hand (true), but for me, they can mean the difference between my hands being uncomfortably cold on a cool fall day and not being distracted by the chill. If I ride in really cold temperatures, the thick gloves and heated liner go on.

Not surprising, really, given the affordability of heated grips. I know that some people complain about them only warming the inside of your hand (true), but for me, they can mean the difference between my hands being uncomfortably cold on a cool fall day and not being distracted by the chill. If I ride in really cold temperatures, the thick gloves and heated liner go on.

Actualy heated grips and heated seats work realy good, they warm up the blood in your palm and your butt, the warm blood flows through your body and helps to keep your body temperature.
But this works a whole lot better if you have good thermal clothing to prevent loss of body temperature.

I'd rather use thinner gloves and heated grips than thick winter gloves with no feel...

I ride with thick riding gloves & heated grips. I'm a wuss for cold weather so I get uncomfortably cold very easily. When it's -10c out, the gloves alone only keep me comfortable for twenty minutes or so. Beyond that, my hands start to get frostbitten and painful. With the heated grips on, I can go for hours and hours with only a small chill :)

Back to these socks. I have something similar in high-tech wool and stretch from Columbia. They sure as hell weren't $25.

To be honest, that 'review' was more like a long-winded advertisement. Not objective at all

To be honest, that 'review' was more like a long-winded advertisement. Not objective at all

like almost every review about anything on the web... i've never seen any bike magazine or website that has said any honest negative feature about anything.

I'd love to read that some bike is realy crap !

Back