Bluetooth intercom recommendation

Sena SMH-5 works as intercom and bluetooth for phone, music player or GPS. Runs about $130 and is one of the cheaper ones though still good quality.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
SENA all the way!

I started off with the Midland and was disappointed with the overall performance, especially the volume auto adjust. Its tends to reduce the sound so much at low speed that you can't hear well. It also drops connection a lot. However, I got the SEHA 10 and its great! Stick to the SENA.

I like it for being on call with work. Used to have to take the truck, This headset has auto answer, and voice dialing. I usually pull over anyway, but I can receive the call, and finish the conversation without pulling off my helmet.

Phone function still works when synced with other riders too.

I like it for being on call with work. Used to have to take the truck, This headset has auto answer, and voice dialing. I usually pull over anyway, but I can receive the call, and finish the conversation without pulling off my helmet.

Phone function still works when synced with other riders too.

WOW I did not know that these things had auto answer and voice dialing...would come in handy on the commute

You cant program speed dial numbers on mine that I know of, you have to know the actual number, which in the smart phone age is becoming difficult...

Not only smart phone age....my age...sometimes I have a hard time remembering were I live....or at least that is what I tell my wife when the waether is beautiful and I take the long way home

More importantly, everyone I've spoken to while on the bike can't tell I'm on the bike.

Before I had my Shoei, at highway speeds I had some complaints.

The main complaint I have about the phone portion is that the ringing isn't quite loud enough and sometimes I hear someone talking to me when I'm riding.

Still startles me...

Rocketmoto.com has incredible customer service, and will give you a discount on the SMH-10 if you belong to advrider.com. I was a long-time lurker over there, but joined when I saw the group buy thread.

The unit itself is good quality. Sounds pretty good and the battery has very long life (I went two full days of riding with lots of music and intercom before I had to charge it).

I just got my Shark 688 in the mail today. Got it all set up in the helmet. I will post again when I have a chance to actually use it. Mine came with 2 set ups and it cost me 100 bucks with shipping. Found it on Amazon.

Back