Blacking out parts, mods ect. . need some paint help

hankhill11

So, i'll get pics when i can, but i took off my gen1 radiator guards, and painted them satin black with some spray paint made for plastics. Has anyone else done this? and what if anything did you do to protect it? Do you get a clear coat over it? If i do that, what is the best way to sand the paint before clear coat?

In addition to that, the silver at the foot pegs is aluminum, but seems to have a nice clear coat over it. If i wished to paint that black as well, what would be a good way to prep that? Or do you just paint on top of the clear.. .

Does anyone have a line on a inexpensive muffler mount for the Gen1 ? I am planning on removing the rear foot pegs but obviously need to hold the muffler on, and might prefer something a bit smaller than the stock mount. When you guys (if) removed foot pegs + brackets, what did you do to the mounting holes(left side)? nothing, or just put the screws back in to keep crap out of them?

Finally, where do you get your Gen1 chin fairings in black or faster blue ?

Thanks in advance ! and stay tuned for 'after' pics! I also plan on getting the holeshot black exhaust possibly with their header kit.

Back