Black or silver engine??

bikemad61

Hi guys! My name is Tommy I am a potential buyer of a 07 FZ1s at the moment but I am a little concerned the one I am looking at is blue but has a silver engine? all the 07 bikes I have seen previously have a black engine, is it just a case of an earlier model on an 07 plate or is it a little more sinister? Looks wise I do not really mind although I marginally prefer the black engine my concern is that with my unfamiliarity with this bike I could be taken for a ride (no pun intended) hence my referral to the experts. Any information/warnings/reassurance is greatly appreciated and I look forward to joining you in ownership of a magnificent bike.
Thanks Tommy

Last edited:
The European models come in both black or silver.....Gen I owner so I'll let the Gen II owner's chime in, but it could of made it to the states from overseas....

Just saw in your location that you are in the Overseas market.....so I do not think you have anything to worry about...

buying from dealer or private seller?

Welcome to the forum!

Adam

the only thing I do not know for sure is when they started doing the two different color options......I seem to recall seeing it for the first time in '09.....but that does not mean they did it before then and just missed it.....

It's a little confusing, we get all variations here, silver or black engine, black or gold forks. My -08 cobalt blue has the silver engine and I like it like that. Kind of accentuates the engine in the bike more.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfniG-AdSC4]YouTube - Hawkwind-Silver Machine[/ame]

I've seen pictures of a black Gen II with silver engine and wheels and it looked very sharp. I believe it was a UK market bike...

(Silver) Kind of accentuates the engine in the bike more.

I have Granite Gray with black engine-produced for N. America-and I'll admit I sometimes wonder if it wouldn't look better with a silver engine. That said-if it was in silver, I'd probably wonder if it wouldn't look better in black!:nerd: I can be rather indecisive at times.

Thanks to you all guys I see that it is not uncommon for variations, the one I am looking at is cobalt blue, silver engine and gold forks, looks great! I had a slight concern as am buying privately but picking it up on friday now, can't wait. (Happy christmas to me ha ha)

Congrats !

Thanks to you all guys I see that it is not uncommon for variations, the one I am looking at is cobalt blue, silver engine and gold forks, looks great! I had a slight concern as am buying privately but picking it up on friday now, can't wait. (Happy christmas to me ha ha)

I am sure that you will love it. Is it the N model ( No fairing ) or the faired S model?

One of the Aussies has exactly the colour combo that you are getting. Oops !, No gold forks, my mistake.

Last edited:

You will love the color combo! I had a blue FZ6 and I thought the silver engine made it stand out. I was not happy when they went with the black engine.. but it might hide dirt... :th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

Back