Billy, I Need A Pep Talk

Damn yankees had that game wrapped up. They took their foot off the Angel's throat and now I'm worried those smug bast@#ds are going to beat us.

Hey Norm I am sure Billy will chime in soon. I am just as worried as you are. Those damn Angels seem to have our number over the last few years and I would have felt a LOT better being up 3-0, than 2-1. We'll see how CC does tonight :)

p.s. what the hell was Girardi thinking last night by using so many relief pitchers! I think he outsmarted himself...

I'm so sorry Norm but I hate the Yankees! Although I'm not a really big baseball fan, I am a Mets fan and have been for as long as I could remember, at least since 69'. I'm more of a football fan than baseball. Baseball should be only 100 games and they should have a 20 second rule for a pitcher to throw the next pitch. Then maybe I would watch. It's just too boring and long for me to watch.

I know. I figured Billy had to be a Yanks fan. Sorry about that. I actually like the Mets too. Just happen to like the Yankees more.

Yea, I don't know what Girardi was thinking. I don't think Pettite would have given up another run like Joba did and what was he thinking taking out Robertson? Man I'm all bummed about that loss. Tonight is huge!

Actually, I was born in the Bronx but moved immediately to Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn until I was 6 or 7 when we moved back to the Bronx. My father is a big Mets fan as was all the family out in Brooklyn so I guess it was natural for me at the time to lean that way.

Yep. I started in Coney Island (born in Maimonides Hospital) and then moved to Haverstraw, NY at 7 years old. Was there through college.

Yep. I started in Coney Island (born in Maimonides Hospital) and then moved to Haverstraw, NY at 7 years old. Was there through college.

We lived on Ave. U and 21rst street. I only remember probably the last year living there. It was a real beautiful neighborhood, that I remember. Not sure how it is these days. Maybe next year I'll take a ride on the bike over there to see the old house. It's a real shame what happened with Coney Island. It just goes to show you that nobody has any sense of history anymore. It's all about how much money you can make. It's just another wonderful memory from our childhood that is gone forever. Just friggin great!

I'm already SICK watching this game! The umpires are THE WORST that I've ever seen in a playoff game. Those poor Angels haven't got a prayer! Two men off the bag at third get tagged by the Angel's catcher.....only one is thrown out! The friggin ump is standing RIGHT THERE!! Screw this! I'm putting on Sons of Anarchy! Now thats good TV viewing!

I don't doubt that for a minute. I imagine that the Angels may take the next game as well. We'll see!

Well, well, well......What a surprise! I told you that would happen. Gotta make that money!!! I think they need to find out who is paying off the umpires. You think maybe the teams send in their "batboys" with envelopes before the games to see the umps??????

Well the officiating has been the worst I have ever seen! Ken Rosenthal from FoxSports predicted the Yankees would take it in 6 games before the start of the series. I'm hoping he's right :D. We might have to wait until Sunday to find out because I can't imagine they'll be able to play tomorrow with all the rain that's predicted for NYC.

Well the officiating has been the worst I have ever seen! Ken Rosenthal from FoxSports predicted the Yankees would take it in 6 games before the start of the series. I'm hoping he's right :D. We might have to wait until Sunday to find out because I can't imagine they'll be able to play tomorrow with all the rain that's predicted for NYC.

It's almost like "little league" level officiating.

Back