Bike wont run with Ignition Module

johnnyontherocks

The Cosmic Avenger
Just installed a DJ IM in my 09. Had some issues with the PC accepting the new firmware. The unit will now take a map and displays a green light. The bike won't even attempt to start. If I disconnect the IM the bike stars right up. It is a PC III USB.:(:(

Hi Johnny! Have you reed my post on the other thread about Pcomm? Just talk about this kind of problems. At real I don't like Powercom3(I've got rapid3 and curious about bazzaz because is full of functions but I don't know anybody that use it),old technology and to have a complete system you need a lot of modules that cost to much,to many cables that need space assent on fz1..anyway the problem is another! Pc is new or second hand? Your bike is to much beauty to use a generic fz1 preinstall map!You need a dynojet dealer that customize for your baby a special because unic,map!Few launchs,100$ and stay present during the process,first because is to nice,second to change the curve of torque/power as you and your ridestyle,prefer!

Last edited:
Bad ignition module? or something went side ways with the firmware update but I don't think it would even run if that where the case...

Hi Johnny! Have you reed my post on the other thread about Pcomm? Just talk about this kind of problems. At real I don't like Powercom3(I've got rapid3 and curious about bazzaz because is full of functions but I don't know anybody that use it),old technology and to have a complete system you need a lot of modules that cost to much,to many cables that need space assent on fz1..anyway the problem is another! Pc is new or second hand? Your bike is to much beauty to use a generic fz1 preinstall map!You need a dynojet dealer that customize for your baby a special because unic,map!Few launchs,100$ and stay present during the process,first because is to nice,second to change the curve of torque/power as you and your ridestyle,prefer!

It is a second hand unit. I went with the PC because support is more available here. I am not to familiar with the Rapid 3 or the Bazzaz but have had PC's in the past (went with what I was familiar with). I have had the bike dyno'ed it's best is 146 and a very good A/F with Duke's perfection map. Not to shabby.

yes is the best thing to do! From a dyno dealer to check the module you'll find the problem and mark an appointment to customize your personal map! Johnny I apologize for bike of month! My pc is broke and I'm using the smartphone.To less memory so I don't download images:I discovered only yesterday that your bike was on competition so I can't vote!Anyway my vote wasn't necessary!My compliments!

Two days of jerking around with the firmware and pulling my hair out (at one point the pc3 completely stopped working), a near dead battery, I have achieved success. Hope to do a write up on how to and how not to install firmware updates in the near future.:yes:

Now for a test ride.

No did not fry anything. All firmware updated but it has a stumble when you hold a steady throttle. Like the ignition cuts in and out. If I disconnect the IM from the PC the stumble goes away.

Well I talked to Dyno Jet about the stumble issue. Then conclusion s one of a couple of things. 1st. I need to check the connection of the crank sensor connectors. 2nd. They recommend I open the cover over the crank pick up and clean it. 3rd dill the holes in the pick up and ensure a clearance of .015 to .020.

Well I talked to Dyno Jet about the stumble issue. Then conclusion s one of a couple of things. 1st. I need to check the connection of the crank sensor connectors. 2nd. They recommend I open the cover over the crank pick up and clean it. 3rd dill the holes in the pick up and ensure a clearance of .015 to .020.

Man that's where I drop back 10 yards and punt. If I have to drill holes in my stuff to make aftermarket items work I'm done.

after days of pulling my hair out I had Dyno Jet remotely work on the units software they said it should be good reinstalled everything same issue. Called them back they said the unit should be replaced :^(

after days of pulling my hair out I had Dyno Jet remotely work on the units software they said it should be good reinstalled everything same issue. Called them back they said the unit should be replaced :^(

Well that's certainly not good news after all the time and effort that you spent trying to get it fixed :(

just another reason why I have not bought any of this stuff,I dont ride good enuff to use the power this bike has without adding more.

Back