Bike slow to warm up

Ok!(to me this seems like the thermostat),Any-other thoughts will be very much appreciated.Here is the symptom cold start idle 2000 bike warms up slow then when it hits 171f temp falls to 140ish then slow to 171 again sitting still, if I'm riding the bike at that time it may never hit 150 for miles. After awhile it finally gets to a stable 160ish. If sit at a light it climbs normally,but when moving no, yesterday I rode 5mi.40mph5000rpm and never got to 160 unless at a light then it falls back when moving, new cap ,fluid level full to line, never changes, Ideas please,thoughts,speculations,Oh!things that I changed in the last mo.slip-on pc5+ re-flash bike is running great Wow! great except this wont warm up thing.

Your temp sensor (not thermostat) is probably malfunctioning, the temperature in an FZ1 won't be at the temps you quote, and they won't wildly fluctuate like that. Depending on ambient temperature an FZ1 fully warmed up will run in 170-190 range, and as long is the bike is moving will be pretty constant. A malfunctioning thermostat wouldn't drop operating temps to the 150 range.....that's way out of normal range on an FZ1 engine, so I speculate the sensor is bad.

Back