Bike not driving str8!

Hey guys! Finally got her running now. Took her for a short ride and its not driving straight at all. I have no idea what could be bent. Its really hard to tell but the only thing i can think of is the top and bottom of the TT that are holding the shocks in place. Also on the front wheel fender on the right side where the shock is, it has a bigger gap then on the left side. Here is a video of what it looks like when im driving straight. :shaking head: Anyone have any idea what could be bent. Maybe some of you have seen this before or have an idea on what it could be. Please let me know, Thanks all!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnUOLdpVztA]Not driving Str8 on fz1 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
If you can put the bike on it's center stand or stand it up in some way measure from the center point on the rear axle to the center of the front axle. The measurement should be dead on. Make sure the rear wheel is positioned correctly using the factory marks on the swing arm. If the measurement is out you most likely have a bent fork leg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try loosening the triple clamps and straightening the front tire, It looks like it is sprung. Seen it on dirt bikes and street bikes that have had a good hit up front.

Try loosening the triple clamps and straightening the front tire, It looks like it is sprung. Seen it on dirt bikes and street bikes that have had a good hit up front.

I agree...if nothing is bent (like a fork leg) then loosening all the pinch bolts should allow everything to line up in it's proper place.

I agree...if nothing is bent (like a fork leg) then loosening all the pinch bolts should allow everything to line up in it's proper place.

Sweet guys. I will deff do that then. So basically I just loosen the bolts a lil bit. Line it up by eye as much as I can and then bolt it back up? Because I really dont think the forks are bent at all. Thanks a lot M8! :shine:

Sweet guys. I will deff do that then. So basically I just loosen the bolts a lil bit. Line it up by eye as much as I can and then bolt it back up? Because I really dont think the forks are bent at all. Thanks a lot M8! :shine:

Just watch out because if you loosen all the pinch bolts at once the forks will move up in the triple trees. I suggest you loosen the axle and lower tree pinch bolts first and see it all comes back into place.

Got her str8!

Saweeet! Got her a bit str8r now but dont think 100%, pretty damn close though and im actually able to lock the steering witch I wasn't able to do before. Only thing is that it did come down a lil bit on the shocks. Any trick on how to get it back up and ideal location to do it in? I tried with a big wrench but couldnt really get a good grip on it to get it up. But anyways, Thanks a lot guys for the quick help, you guys are amazing! :tup:

Last edited:
Saweeet! Got her a bit str8r now but dont think 100%, pretty damn close though and im actually able to lock the steering witch I wasn't able to do before. Only thing is that it did come down a lil bit on the shocks. Any trick on how to get it back up and ideal location to do it in? I tried with a big wrench but couldnt really get a good grip on it to get it up. But anyways, Thanks a lot guys for the quick help, you guys are amazing! :tup:

What exactly are you saying? The forks are sticking up past the top triple tree now or it's sitting below it.

You can put the bike on the center stand and then put some pieces of wood under the header to get the front wheel off the ground. Then loosen all the triple tree bolts and adjust the forks as needed.

Back