Bike cleaning products

CRO_FZ1

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping that I'm not writing a new tread in the wrong category.....if so please forgive me.

Just wanted to know since probably everyone cares about the looks and performance of their bike, what cleaning products do you use for the good looks of your bike.

Since I always like my father who owns a ZRX1200R after every ride spend a couple of minutes to clean the bike up, and we are interested in what products you use for the good looks of your.

Hope that this tread will have success and we will share our experiences and feedbacks.

Thanks all....

Well like you I try to clean my bike after every ride (provided I didn't get caught in the rain). For dry weather cleaning which mostly involves removing dead bugs from the front fairing and brake dust form the wheels I use a spray polish. It's cheap, easy to use and does a good job. Also good for cleaning the helmet and visor. This is what I use (used to be sold under the Honda brand years ago).

After daily dry rides, just to clean dust and bugs Meguires makes a spray for bikes that I use, doesn't matter what it gets on, it doesn't turn anything white even when it gets heated up. It's convenient and easy. :)

Since I started this tread It's only fair that I share my experinces and thoughts about it....

So recently I purchased via Ebay the Master Formula Metal Gloss & Sealer gloss....and let me tell you that the products are excellent, once you clean you bike from dirt, dust, insects, you apply both products, and the bike looks 10 times better than new, and the best thing about theese products that later you just use hot water to clean almost everything up. Theese two products are for alluminium, chrome, brass, stainless steel and other metalic materials, it's great for rims also It gives you that extra shining look.

For All the plastics and leather on the bike I use Armor All protectant, which you can see from the photos below, gives you and shining look, it also protects, plastics and leather from water and dirt. This product is some kind of oil who is rubbed across the desired surface and it is phenomenal.

And the last product in our arsenal of cleaning is the Ipone Clean Polish and this product cleans everything immaginable from dirt to oil, and most important pieces of the tire which especially in the summer fly all over causing it to stick on the bike.

After daily dry rides, just to clean dust and bugs Meguires makes a spray for bikes that I use, doesn't matter what it gets on, it doesn't turn anything white even when it gets heated up. It's convenient and easy. :)

I pretty sure that is the same stuff that I am using, silicone based FX detail wax by meguires.
If the bugs are bad I take a small bucket of very hot water with dish soap in it and a terry wash cloth (just damp) to get the bugs off. Then a micro fiber cloth to dry it. Lastly another micro fiber cloth and the Meguires FX spray. Believe it or not Pledge dusting spray works great to. I take a small can on the road with me to clean the helmet and front of the fairing when I am on the road. It gets the bugs off, doesn't scratch or harm the finish and smells OK. It also costs 1/2 of what sprays like "Plexus" (which is pretty much the same stuff right down to the smell) does.

You know, I've been using the same products that I use on my car to clean my bike, however my first bike a cruiser is 95% metal, fenders and all so it's quite different than my FZ1, which I took apart yesterday and realized that it's all plastic, fenders and everything.

Now I'm thinking I may need to get a different set of products for the FZ, being plastic and all.

To OP:, wax I use Meguires, mothers, or black magic. Whichever I happen to buy for that period. Chrome polish I use Luster Lace and Mothers chrome polish for my Honda cruiser.

Back