Bike #11! My 2002 VFR800

Ya, our streets now are coated in that crap, good for keeping the frost at bay but man was a mess on anything that rolls down the road. Big winter snap coming in a few days Brother :sport12:

I saw that but didn't want to believe it :(

At least I have my scooter

Denile ain't just a river in Egypt! It is a wise choice to stay off that brine-y mix! It is the biggest reason that once they start laying that stuff down here I park my bike. Even though I could wash it off every day at work, that stuff is so corrosive that if you miss cleaning anything off it doesn't take long to see the bad results. Billy had that experience a couple of years ago and had a ton of work as a result.

On top of that if the temperature drops during the time you are out that salt / calcium mix loses it's effectiveness (about-11 C) and just turns from liquid to a greasy slippery goo, then stops working (on the roads). It never seems to lose it's ability to screw up your metal parts, including your wiring!

Last edited:
As I watched the bike slowly fall over, I remember saying "aww, nuts" out loud. I was worried about the pretty paint and plastics but all that happened was a broken mirror and a bent rear brake pedal. The Givi rack has a small scratch and the clutch case cover has a gouge. I already ordered an OEM mirror; two bolts and it'll be fixed :)

Why, oh why, did Honda decide not to texture the part you step down on with their centre stands? This bike and the 919 both had smooth parts and they get slippery as hell! All my other bikes were textured for this exact reason.

At least it's good for a laugh

Not all

Canadians are much more polite than New Yorkers. ;)

Unless you are working in Toronto City hall.

Sorry to see that picture Dustin. My center stand foot is smooth as well and I have come very close to doing the same thing after washing my bike. Wet shoe and smooth metal dont mix well.

Tape

They make black anti slip stick on material for steps, bath tubs etc. Cut a piece of that stuff to fit the foot. I am going to put some on mine. If you can find 3 M BRAND, use it.

Not only did I stop to take a photo, I even left it on its side for ten minutes as I searched for someone to help me pick it up. I didn't want to damage anything else heaving it around to right it. Cooler heads prevail :)

Last edited:
Back