Big Sur day ride 2-up

Glad this ended safely. Better inconvenienced than incapacitated...

Last Wednesday I was contemplating AAA. The next day I had a dead battery. I think between the dead battery and this thread I'm going to sign up. Cheap insurance for sure!

I am lucky enough to do this ride again just about anytime I want. I forgot to put a memory card in my GoPro, so that was that. I have plenty of coastal video on my YouTube channel. However, I want to face the camera more towards the coast instead of the road and get it higher for a better view.

I have always had some kind of auto club membership. I decided to go with AAA after someone on the other forum used them and explained it required the premium membership to get motorcycle towing, but that includes RVs and up to 200 miles of free towing. I am very glad I signed up. Otherwise, I would have had to call one of my friends and have them come and pick us up. The bulk of my friends ride off-road, so they have hauling capabilities.

One thing to remember is to have a way to write down the information a stranger would need to call help for you if you are in area without cell coverage. I think I will print up some up on card stock.

Ditto on DAMN!

Damn!:eek5:

Glad all was well. Great job holding it together.

What model trunk? Is it a back rest? We might be doing a Sacramento to Montana and back in September. Wife "might" need something to lean on.

Also shopping for saddle bags, taller windscreen and intercom. Just started reading reviews.

Back