Big mod weekend for the R1!!

Well another weekend of mods. Some major changes this weekend on the R1. Been a ton of swearing, bloody knuckles and bruises but oh it has been fun hanging out with a mate and wrenching the bike!! :icon_beer:

Here is the current list of mods and some pics:

• Gregg's Customs - Mirror Covers
• ProGrip Tank Pad - Not Mounted Yet
• Yamaha R1 BLACK NTS Fender Elim.
• Integrated Tail Light
• Custom LED Flasher Relay Unit
• Rear Spools
• Gregg's Customs - Bar Ends
• Gregg's Customs - Bar End Mirror Adaptors
• Gregg’s Customs – Fairing Plugs
• Titanium Double Banjo Bolt
• Tygon 2075 / 2375 Tubing for front Reservoir
• Rizoma Brake Fluid Reservoir Bracket
• Rizoma Front Brake Fluid Reservoir
• Rizoma Oil Fill Cap
• Motovation Frame Sliders
• Motovation Clutch Sliders
• PUIG Double Bubble Windscreen
• Goodridge SS Front Brake Lines
• 194NA Sylvania Yellow Bulbs (Marker Lights Converted to Signals)
• ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid
• CRG Blind Sight Bar End Mirrors
• CRG RC2 Shorty Levers
• SSR Yamaha CNC Quick Release Racing Gas Cap
• Sato Rearsets
• MDI Carbon Fiber Heat Shield
• MDI Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger/Chain Guard (Custom Cut)
• Marchesini Forged Aluminum Wheels (Gold)
• Driven Front and Rear 520 Sprockets - 16/46
• DID ERV3 Gold 520 Chain
• Akrapovic Slip-On Exhaust (Titanium Cans / CF End Caps)
• Cox Radiator Guard

Gotta give props to Corey at Motomummy.com for hooking me up with some great prices and service.

Last edited:
Stupendous job Brian!!! That is a ton of wrenching! Did you spoon your tires on the new rims or did you take them somewhere?

Thanks Billy. My bro has a guy who retired and sold his bike shop but kept his tire machine and balancer. My friend has BST Carbon Fiber wheels and he is the only one he trusts to do his so I figured the Marchesini's would be in good hands. $40 to mount and balance both wheels.

Thanks Billy. My bro has a guy who retired and sold his bike shop but kept his tire machine and balancer. My friend has BST Carbon Fiber wheels and he is the only one he trusts to do his so I figured the Marchesini's would be in good hands. $40 to mount and balance both wheels.

Now that's a steal all in itself! And yes, you don't want just anyone shodding those wheels!

The Marchesini will make a huge difference to turn in and direction change. That was the first thing I noticed with them on my bike. Awesome ride.

Here's my FZ1 with Marchies (among other things) bolted on. The next best improvement was the Ohlins suspension.

Back