Best Tinted Standard Height W/S for 1st Gen

WMU_BRONCO

What do you all think is the best windscreen that would be close to the OEM screen in width and height, and be available in dark smoke?

Last edited:
I think the Zero Gravity SR Series comes closest to the stock look.

Agreed. The DB is taller and wider than the stock screen. Here is a pic of the one I installed earlier this week (unfortunately, I didn't take a pic of the original):

04FZ1Skunk1.jpg

Looks good! Notice any change in wind noise or buffeting at speed?

Definitely a change in both. For comparison, I am 6' tall, with a fairly long torso for my height (31" inseam).

With the stock screen, riding in a neutral body position, the wind seemed to be directed to my neck area. It was irritating and noisy as the wind came up into the helmet from the neck area. It also hit squarely on most of both upper arms. I had to make a change. This is the first bike I've had with a screen, and it really seemed to focus the wind on the edges of the protection. So it was either a bigger screen, or convert to a streetfighter (and I may end up doing that eventually anyway - love that style).

With the DB installed, the wind hits the top half of my helmet and flows over it. It is not distracting at all. The DB is also wider, so the wind now hits about a 3-4" square area on each shoulder; again, no problems at all. I can also duck down a bit and be out of the wind completely.

I would definitely recommend the DB to anyone having problems with wind.

Looks good. I have an '05 with a smoked aftermarket but it's the same size as stock. Wind hits pretty hard at 80mph. When I duck down just a few inches it's so nice and smooth and quiet, plus you hear more of the wonderful engine sound. I'm 5'10" and its sounds like this would realy be an improvement for me. I'd prefer the wind to hit higher and wider on my shoulders. Is the DB made by Zero gravity and how much was it?

Looks good. I have an '05 with a smoked aftermarket but it's the same size as stock. Wind hits pretty hard at 80mph. When I duck down just a few inches it's so nice and smooth and quiet, plus you hear more of the wonderful engine sound. I'm 5'10" and its sounds like this would realy be an improvement for me. I'd prefer the wind to hit higher and wider on my shoulders. Is the DB made by Zero gravity and how much was it?

I got mine (in light smoke) on Ebay from ZG Outlet about a month ago. They sell factory seconds of the Zero Gravity line. I was a little worried about getting a factory second, but apparently Zero Gravity has pretty strict QC; neither my roommate nor I were able to find a flaw. It was on sale for $39.95 plus $12 for shipping.

Last edited:
I also did the ZGDB in dark smoke on my silver '05. Looks way better than stock and moved the airstream up a bit so it's not all up underneath my helmet. Helps with buffeting and noise.

Did I mention it looks WAY cooler?

You guys are making me want to get a ZGDB now... I think I need to stay off this site before I wind up doing a lot of mods to a commuter bike!

Thanks for all the info!

I had a ZGDB -- dark smoke -- and liked it....but giving the MRA Vario a spin for awhile.

have not ridden with it yet to be able to give a full report.

Thats the thing I experiance, the wind hitting me at the base of my helmet. It makes for alot of wind noise, especially with my new modular helmet. I'd thought of some neck protection device like a Backalava or helmet skirting thingie. It is also cold on my chin and frontal neck area. As you say, this dirrects it to the middle and over, that seems the ticket for me as I too an 6' 2" with about the same inseam.
Definitely a change in both. For comparison, I am 6' tall, with a fairly long torso for my height (31" inseam).

With the stock screen, riding in a neutral body position, the wind seemed to be directed to my neck area. It was irritating and noisy as the wind came up into the helmet from the neck area. It also hit squarely on most of both upper arms. I had to make a change. This is the first bike I've had with a screen, and it really seemed to focus the wind on the edges of the protection. So it was either a bigger screen, or convert to a streetfighter (and I may end up doing that eventually anyway - love that style).

With the DB installed, the wind hits the top half of my helmet and flows over it. It is not distracting at all. The DB is also wider, so the wind now hits about a 3-4" square area on each shoulder; again, no problems at all. I can also duck down a bit and be out of the wind completely.

I would definitely recommend the DB to anyone having problems with wind.

So everyone here has gone with the DB? I wanted something a little shorter than the stock screen, actually a lot shorter but has anyone heard anything about zero gravity's SR screen? Anyone have pics of their 1 Gen from the front with the DB screen? All the pics I find are from the side or angled.

You guys are making me want to get a ZGDB now... I think I need to stay off this site before I wind up doing a lot of mods to a commuter bike!

Thanks for all the info!

Bike $2650
Helmet $265
Cover $120
New rear tire $165
Fuzzy Mod $3
Rear turn signal removal $15

On the way
windscreen
front turn signal delete
carb jets

Got the bike on April 16th and I never looked back lol. Good luck trying not to mod it's going to take some will power.

Last edited:
Back