Best prices online for steering dampers/ stabilizers?

NightTrain

May have my old bike sold tommorrow, and a few bux burning a hole in my pocket. I want a stabilizer, looking for a deal. Anyone have a recommendation on who to order from? Sprint has good pricing but i dont know the best place to order from. HyperPro is the bling;) . Maybe GPR if priced right.

In reading about the Sprint steering damper I see where people were buying them for $240 shipped just a few months ago... and now I see them listed on Ebay for $360?! Have they really gone up over $100 in a few months or am I missing something?

In reading about the Sprint steering damper I see where people were buying them for $240 shipped just a few months ago... and now I see them listed on Ebay for $360?! Have they really gone up over $100 in a few months or am I missing something?

Yup my feelings exactly... for a few more I may as well get a top-mount unit.

Might have been some sort of introductory or promotional pricing when they first released it of the FZ1 :confused0024:

Yup my feelings exactly... for a few more I may as well get a top-mount unit.

Yea, with the difference in pricing being so small I'd go for the GPR myself. Only disavantage is that you can't really swap out your risers for shorter ones if you wanted to lower the bars. If that's not a concern then the GPR looks like the way to go.

I have a Sprint dampner. I am more than happy with it and it is mounted underneath the headstock in front of the radiator. Which works out ideal as i run low risers. Contact Sprint directly in the UK, they might be able to sort you out a more competitive $.

I would be interested if sprint could work a deal, maybe a group buy? I am putting rizoma risers on soon but they are 60mm i beleive, would a gpr still work?

I would be interested if sprint could work a deal, maybe a group buy? I am putting rizoma risers on soon but they are 60mm i beleive, would a gpr still work?

I'm pretty sure you'd still be ok with 60mm risers and the GPR. That's not that much lower than the factory ones.

The other option is to play the waiting game (with winter that should be no problem).. in other words buy the mount for 150, then wait for a good used V4 to appear on ebay. Could prob make it happen for under 300 total.

Man... why did I buy the FZ1 so close to winter??? I forgot I'm not in florida anymore (where I rode ALL year, even hurricane season)... Need to learn how to "winterize" my new baby.

Back