Best place to buy...

ecruz

Helmets and boots?

I have a couple of shops local to me. Between the two of them, they have one style of (Harley-ish) boots and a very limited selection of helmets. These are the two items where you really need to try them on and see how they fit, feel, etc.

So where is the best place online to order these, knowledgeable staff, large selection, decent shipping costs, free or cheap returns/exchanges?

Thanks

In no particular order:
Motorcyclesuperstore, Kneedraggers, Motostrano, Motorcyclegear.com (all these are .com's) just to get u started. I'm sure people will jump in with more.
I have bought from each and had GREAT service with only one bad slip up from MCSS. Honest mistake but it costs me. :(

ecruz, you've got the right mindset by trying stuff on before you buy. When you find something you like, make note of it, and find a vendor online. Hell, I've driven to Denver (70+ miles from my place) looking to buy, and instead just fitted, then .com shopped!
I haven't had any issues with any of the vendors I have used. I have gone through motorcyclesuperstore, chaparral-racing.com, denniskirk, and a couple others that are not in the memory bank right now. Who ever will give you the best price+shipping, as they all seem to get it out the door pretty quick, and if you have an issue (I have not had to return anything in over 10 years of buying...knock-on-wood ), they all seem to have hassle free policies.

Good luck in your purchase selections!

Google the boots or helmet you want, and watch the offers and price pop up. Lots of folks talk about this place has the best service, blah blah blah. Bottom line you won't making making too many phone calls after buying boot or helmet, as in "most" cases you're not returning either after you've already worn them. I personally have had best from with motorcyclesuperstore. I just don't like shopping too many places due to credit card fraud risk, junk email etc. GL

The one I buy from the most is motorcycle-superstore. I've purchased from Twisted Throttle with out issue. I'm waiting for a windscreen from Kneedraggers as I write.

I do most of my shopping at compacc.com and my local cycle gear. I always wait for sales and clearance shop. The first thing I check for is return policy. Some places let you return/exchange the item and not have to pay for shipping. Some places have restocking fees, like motorcyclecloseouts.com and are difficult to get return authorizations from.

competition accessories is great with returns. I bought a pair of pants from them earlier this year that were too big and was able to return them for exchange without having to pay return shipping or any restocking fees.

Google the boots or helmet you want, and watch the offers and price pop up. Lots of folks talk about this place has the best service, blah blah blah. Bottom line you won't making making too many phone calls after buying boot or helmet, as in "most" cases you're not returning either after you've already worn them.

My reason for wanting knowledgeable staff, etc., is because I have hardly anyplace local to check stuff out & try it on and find out exactly what I want.

I'd like to deal with a place that can legitimately tell me whether a boot runs true to size or if I should upsize. Or if a specific boot is worth $X amount more than another boot. Or if they see a lot of returns on a certain product due to quality issues, etc. Or if I've owned these particular helmets and here's what I like and don't like, then they can make a decent suggestion on what I should be looking for.

Thanks for all the suggestions! Keep them coming.

really, you didn't find the exact one what you want from the market, let you try our online shop we are from california based leading motorcycle accessories supplier, i hope you must get all of the accessories requirement from us. i would also like to share some useful information before reaching any decision, If you are looking for the best kind of motorcycle accessories right now, then don’t settle for anything else right now, so that you can truly enjoy all the designs, styles and trends in modern style today. We are now living in a very modern kind of life and most of the things that we see are all made by modern technology that is so wonderful to see about. The designs and features that you will see in different kinds of motor shops and even in the online are almost in its high tech design that is so wonderful to have for you. Therefore, in finding for the best kind of motorcycle accessories today, what is important is that you choose the one that is with high quality kind, with best design and in affordable price as well that is just worthy enough to buy for, so that you can truly enjoy the use of those accessories to your motorcycle. If you get the best quality of the accessories, for sure you can use it in longer period of time that is so important for you, and if you get it with low price, then it is good to your budget as well. Isn’t really exciting to see and to find the right one for you today? That is why, it is very important that you are smart also in buying the best accessories to your motorcycle so that it is worthy enough for you to sue for a longer period of time.
Now as you compared your accessories to the other kinds of motorcycles you can truly see its difference as compared to the other. So, don’t ever just settle for anything else, so that you will not suffer in the end. And if you’ve got the right one, then you can assure that you can enjoy your ride with your motorcycle today. so, have fun and enjoy the ride of your motorcycle today.

Back