Best Long Lasting Touring Tire?

But it sounds like you are very cost conscious and are not going to be carving up the roads with your bike so personally I like Dustin's recommendation since he has recommended a tire that works for you personally. as Tony said, be aware of the limits of such tires and as he said, the stickier the less the lifespan, usually. The longer lasting, less sticky. That's ok for a straight line, not so for cornering.

I am leaning towards them just because the only turning I do is at slow speeds, or on/off ramp stuff where I am taking it pretty easy anyway.

How do you people get away with riding at 85mph? Our bikes & cars get impounded at about 80 and that's for a month for first offence and huge fines. Oh its for our own good apparently!

On southern California freeways the flow of traffic in a 65zone is about 75-85.
I try to keep it about 80 and I get passed by cars and bikes alike.

Ive used pilot road 2s 2sets used all year on sv1000 & cbr1100 from 0 centigade to 30,Dry and Wet and latterly PR3s on FZ!S Riding in Uk They are the best !!!,I believe bridgdstone 023 are cheaper in the U.S.A so could be a good choice but dont chance your life on cheap tyres.Wish u all the best last visit to forum for now (gone to the dark side).

Looks like my local shop has a sale on the Bridgestone 023 right now so I am going to look at possibly getting that tire. Depends on the price.

I will update. Thanks again guys.

I'm like you, I commute a LOT. I used a set of Dunlop roadsmarts, and liked them, got almost 13000 miles out of the back. Just put a PR2 on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like my local shop has a sale on the Bridgestone 023 right now so I am going to look at possibly getting that tire. Depends on the price.

I will update. Thanks again guys.

I switched over to the 023's this Spring from 016's. You will not be disappointed with them. They are an awesome tire as you will see shortly.

I run Metzler Road Tech's on my FJR the dual compound rear holds up for about 12,000 on that heavy beast. Shinko has a new dual compound I think its the 011, the reviews looked pretty good.

I run Dunlop Roadsmart, for the second time, I"m very pleased with them, made more than 15K k"m on the previous one.
Much better than the Pirelli I had.

How do you people get away with riding at 85mph? Our bikes & cars get impounded at about 80 and that's for a month for first offence and huge fines. Oh its for our own good apparently!

IMG_0031-1.jpg

The western US is very large with vast with wide open desert. I will at times cruise at 125mph on my FJR when no traffic is about.

That's my riding bud ahead of me on his BMW/sidecar. He actually broke 100mph on a long down hill run.

The problem is running at 85 plus really chows down on tires and it would not be a good thing to get caught by the cops above 100mph.

Last edited by a moderator:
I switched over to the 023's this Spring from 016's. You will not be disappointed with them. They are an awesome tire as you will see shortly.

Cool. I was able to get the tire for $159.00 plus $42.00 to have them installed, so I am happy. If I can get over 10k off this tire I will be very happy.

Back