Bent Fork Tube - Replace or upgrade?

Hi all! im new here!!

Purchased an 01 FZ1 with 106,000 kms on it - resonably well looked after.

Firstly, f%^&$ng LOVE this bike, so good, sporty, comfortable, great for commuting and sensational in the twisties.

I am apparently the 3rd owner, first owner did two laps fo Australia (perhaps figurativley) on this bike and the second owner I purchased it from obtained it at 65,000 kms and since then has only changed the oil and filter religiously and done the chain/sproket and tyres.

Given the bike therfore had not had the other fluids or valves touched in many years and that the fork seals were weeping I decided to get the local mechanic to do a major service and fork seals.

Mechanics praised the condition of the cams and engine and all valve clearance are in spec!

The real issue, the found that my front right fork tube is bent, it partly binds on the bushes and casues a stiff front end and leave the tyre to soak up the small road bumps...

I want to replace the fork however a new tube is something like $600!!

I am considering either going 2nd hand and on that basis I want to see if its worth putting some upside down R1 forks or soemthing and would like some information on what options I have to swap in, like what years and models and what kind of resutls they have. I dont mind the feel of the fz1 in stock trim though I felt its a bit soft.

I understand this topic seems to be widley covered but I really want specific information to the 01-05 fz1 front end interchangability - a guide of sorts listing the donor parts would be ideal - I would like to imagine literally exchanging the forks and keeping my clamps/yoke etc all fz1 spec.

Last edited:
Happen to have a stock set of forks upgraded from Traxxion Dynamics for 500.00, but shipping might be a deal breaker.

Sent from: GS4

Back