Beautiful '09 FZ1 - Santa wants you to have this!

Let us know what all the costs are to get this into Canada, ok? It will help anyone else who is looking to decide. :D Congrats and Happy New Year!

Sure thing!

It happened again...4:30 wake-up:tdown:

I must have something on my mind...

Ambassador_Bridge.jpg

This is where I'm at^^^... only 5 hours away from meeting my blind date. (FZ)

I hope it is love at first sight :sinister:

Last edited:
Sure thing!

It happened again...4:30 wake-up:tdown:

I must have something on my mind...

I hope it is love at first sight :sinister:

It's a really nicely put together FZ1 and I'll be surprised if it's not love at first site/ride.

I've been following this from the beginning and I'm really looking forward to hearing how this all turns out. And by my calculations your about ready to see the bike in person for the first time :)

Jon…

It's a really nicely put together FZ1 and I'll be surprised if it's not love at first site/ride.

I've been following this from the beginning and I'm really looking forward to hearing how this all turns out. And by my calculations your about ready to see the bike in person for the first time :)

Jon…

We got there around 1 pm local time... there was a bit of snow on the highways and plenty of cars, trucks and semis in the ditch.

Did not meet with Sully, but his best friend (who actually owned the bike) was there to take care of everything and more.:)

Here she is, heading towards her new home!

Last edited:
Good luck! Hope everything goes smoothly and you're riding by nightfall!

It will have to wait till spring, unfortunately...
It was 14 Fahrenheit, patches of ice and snow, made a road test impossible.
Not worried about the scooter itself, it has been pampered by true bike fanatics.

Let us know what all the costs are to get this into Canada, ok? It will help anyone else who is looking to decide. :D Congrats and Happy New Year!

Easy-peasy!

You need the title, bill of sale or receipt,odometer certificate (optional), a credit card (5% gst or hst, depending on point of entry), drivers license and an honest face:Liar:

They will fill out the paperwork for you, you need to sign and write down your phone number.

Pay the necessary taxes and leave.

You now have a case number required to register the vehicle with "the RIV"

Registrar of Imported Vehicles - Welcome to the Registrar of Imported Vehicles

Failure to do so, will result in the Canadian government to declare the vehicle unfit for use or re-sale as a vehicle.

You do need to check out the Fed's website , because some makes of motorcycle require mods (not Yammys :p), in order to comply with federal regs.

BSF5048 : Importing a Vehicle Into Canada

Read everything twice!

The end. ;)

We got there around 1 pm local time... there was a bit of snow on the highways and plenty of cars, trucks and semis in the ditch.

Did not meet with Sully, but his best friend (who actually owned the bike) was there to take care of everything and more.:)

Here she is, heading towards her new home!

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Hopefully spring will come early so you don't have to wait to long to ride her.

Jon…

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Hopefully spring will come early so you don't have to wait to long to ride her.

Jon…

See,this is the problem with where we live,we have this winter tire law that stipulates that all road vehicules require winter tires between december 15 and march 15... So even if weather is sunny and warm on march 10,you still have to wait 5 days:mad:

IBcivic... you're making me very tempted to get myself a second bike from the USA...very good deals to be made south of the border!

See,this is the problem with where we live,we have this winter tire law that stipulates that all road vehicules require winter tires between december 15 and march 15... So even if weather is sunny and warm on march 10,you still have to wait 5 days:mad:

IBcivic... you're making me very tempted to get myself a second bike from the USA...very good deals to be made south of the border!

Totally worth it.

My buddy bought a uber clean Harley for just under 8k, delivered, shipping and customs fees included , from Ebay
If he wants to turn around and sell it, it is worth 11-12k in Quebec.

Easy-peasy!

You need the title, bill of sale or receipt,odometer certificate (optional), a credit card (5% gst or hst, depending on point of entry), drivers license and an honest face:Liar:

They will fill out the paperwork for you, you need to sign and write down your phone number.

Pay the necessary taxes and leave.

You now have a case number required to register the vehicle with "the RIV"

Registrar of Imported Vehicles - Welcome to the Registrar of Imported Vehicles

Failure to do so, will result in the Canadian government to declare the vehicle unfit for use or re-sale as a vehicle.

You do need to check out the Fed's website , because some makes of motorcycle require mods (not Yammys :p), in order to comply with federal regs.

BSF5048 : Importing a Vehicle Into Canada

Read everything twice!

The end. ;)

UPDATE>>> The R.I.V. will send you an e-mail stating that they will not release the case file, until I supply them with a doc stating that there is no recall or that all recalls have been done.

Since the 09 FZ1 has had no recalls...there is no info available online to verify this.

What is acceptable > An official letter from YAMAHA on company letterhead stating that there were no recalls for that model year. (good luck with that one!)

>>A recall printout from an authorized Yamaha dealer with the VIN appearing on the printout.

Last edited:
^^^^^^
The bike's seller came through with the recall info!
2 things I need to point out.
> The seller works at a dealership helps, a ton.
>> Kim is one hell of a great fella!

Yamaha came through within 24 hours of me, e-mailing them through their website...which is a very pleasant surprise, but the previous owner got me the required info quicker!;) and his efforts are what got the ball rolling with feds.:bowdown::bowdown:

Back